Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
All the Bianchi felts I have seen in the last few minutes looking online were labeled as 70's vintage, with no bar code on the tag on mine probably not later than mid 80's I' m guessing.(emphasis on the probably and the guessing). With some steaming and brushing, the velour is starting to feel a bit nicer. Looks like I spoiled myself for velour with the Peschel though...

Lt.hats

A-List Customer
Moon..I was thinking about buying a Stetsonian, but now I know I'll be buying one..its one of the better looking modern Stetsons I've seen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Moon..I was thinking about buying a Stetsonian, but now I know I'll be buying one..its one of the better looking modern Stetsons I've seen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

you will love it Lt.

so much crown to work with ... nice vintage dimensions

honestly I was expecting much less from the felt and was pleasantly surprised at how beautiful it is

Knotten

Practically Family
Well, I pulled the trigger on the Stetsonian. Ordered the caribou from Delmonicos. There is a six-week wait. That seems like forever right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Here's something I found when I took the liner out of the Bianchi velour. It may answer mayser's question about the origin of the velour, I can't really make out much. I think it says "genuine velour" across the top.

6e5238c46c04742178fb022ab4530b72.jpg

Other than that, no clue.

Here's something I found when I took the liner out of the Bianchi velour. It may answer mayser's question about the origin of the velour, I can't really make out much. I think it says "genuine velour" across the top.

Other than that, no clue.

It's Henry Pollack Inc. out of New York City. There is some information online about the company. Mostly involved in Women's fashion hats trade. I am fairly certain the hat body and hat were out sourced (Bollman?). Is it really Velour? It looked more like a scratched finish. Besdor (Steven) might know something about this company.

http://www.hattin-around.com/?p=163

https://books.google.com/books?id=0...y pollak inc hats&pg=PA28#v=onepage&q&f=false

Moon, Moehawk, Thanks! Yes has it has some of those elements. Mayser started making Stetson hats under license around this same time period (Mayser construction quality was probably better). Manfred has a Stetson made Stratoliner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88