Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
J. Hückel´s Söhne, Seiden Zylinder with original case probably 1930s. This one came from a source in the Czech Republic. I really like that JHS used a silk ribbon / bow vs a cloth band which is more typical. Also that the original case survived especially since it's paper based.

22260929163_eb7cd2f77e_b.jpg

22868641782_18c3d8a22c_b.jpg

22463807687_a33d523688_b.jpg

22868844982_5a89390997_b.jpg

22261269563_428edd4e51_b.jpg

22464151868_3f7559e88e_b.jpg

22261369063_4d8689d47b_b.jpg

22464214368_2a7aa7539d_b.jpg

22869166382_313ddb1942_b.jpg

22464327088_9616e034f6_b.jpg

22259951124_7d93c7b188_b.jpg

22882739525_28c666a002_b.jpg

22490607109_9cd93d3799_b.jpg

Last edited:

fashion frank

One Too Many
Half Price Paulie Awesome Hat Dealer !

Hello Gang I have to tell you a story that recently happen to me on Ebay.

I bought a hat from Half Price Paulie ,a brand new hat in the box ,that just like the sellers name was half price off.
However when the hat arrives even though it was a " waverely " the style of the hat it was the wrong hat and color .
I ordered a brown one and a black one arrived ?

I told Paulie about it and instead of getting a hassle, like him being pissed off or something like that ,you know like him being less that a gentleman he stated to me " hey my mistake ,consider the black hat a gift , I dont want to burden you with having to rewrap it ,pay for shipping and the hassle of having to go to the post office and returning it , so just keep it and in fact I'm going to send you the one you originally bought second day air " !

I am telling you guys ,you cant go wrong with this E Bay seller , never have I had someone do something like that ,I got two new ,in the box hats for the price of one just because he made a mistake , this is my idea of a stand up guy !
I would highly recommend that you check out his online store this guy is the bomb !

http://stores.ebay.com/halfpricepauly/

All the Best Fashion Frank
Here are a few shots of the new hat(s) !

The two hats in there boxes

The black "mistake " one .

Now the one I love the Brown one ( but hey at that price the black one is also nice ) love the band .

Ok is it me and or did I not post this correctly as I must be the only one seeing this post I assume because I did not see one comment on this perhaps I posted it wrong somehow ???

Ok is it me and or did I not post this correctly as I must be the only one seeing this post I assume because I did not see one comment on this perhaps I posted it wrong somehow ???
After seeing your post on Thursday evening I did peruse Half Price Pauly's wares on evilBay. On most of the hats he sells the brims are far too stingy for my tastes, and the few hats with decently-wide brims were far too tiny for my oversized melon; in fact, I saw very few listings in my size period. Some very good deals to be had, but not for me. I'd guess it's a matter of checking his listings at the right time, so I'll keep looking to see if my luck will change.

No, Frankie, I was speechless at how well that all went, so no comment! Definitely paid attention, though, and always appreciate the inside scoop you provide on the good guys!

Some simply STUPENDOUS new lids here in the last few days. Just awing, really!!!

Daniele that's about the nicest heather ever! Super colors!

Steve NEVER ceases to amaze with his finds, and this one really is a topper in every sense of the word!

Sasto I don't remember anyone opening onto the scene around here with such top shelf lids. Real jaw-droppers!!!

Last edited:

fashion frank

One Too Many
After seeing your post on Thursday evening I did peruse Half Price Pauly's wares on evilBay. On most of the hats he sells the brims are far too stingy for my tastes, and the few hats with decently-wide brims were far too tiny for my oversized melon; in fact, I saw very few listings in my size period. Some very good deals to be had, but not for me. I'd guess it's a matter of checking his listings at the right time, so I'll keep looking to see if my luck will change.

No, Frankie, I was speechless at how well that all went, so no comment! Definitely paid attention, though, and always appreciate the inside scoop you provide on the good guys!

Some simply STUPENDOUS new lids here in the last few days. Just awing, really!!!

Daniele that's about the nicest heather ever! Super colors!

Steve NEVER ceases to amaze with his finds, and this one really is a topper in every sense of the word!

Sasto I don't remember anyone opening onto the scene around here with such top shelf lids. Real jaw-droppers!!!

Thanks Zombie and HatsRme for commenting on my post , with this new software and the lack of any comments on my post I was wondering if I was the only one seeing it ! Half price Pailie is an awesome hat dealer and a stand up guy !
All the Best and again thanks for weighing in here , Fashion Frank

TPD166

One Too Many
So many threads I could post this in, but I'll stick with it being a new (to me) hat. In the past six months I have purchased three items online (two hats, one leather jacket) where I asked the seller what color the item was - all replied "black." Upon arrival all three were "brown" - the jacket was a close call, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt. I really liked the first hat in brown, so I chalked it up to a happy accident. Which brings me to hat #2 - this one. Again, I was promised black and, as the first photo shows, when I opened the box and looked at it in sunlight, it was obviously brown. It was going to be a project hat, so I decided to redicrect my plans to a brown hat (I rarely wear black hats anyway). But when I got it inside my house, under artificial/indoor light, the hat now appears to no longer be brown - it is now a very dark green. So I am keeping it, whatever color it is?? Photo #2 shows the changes after reblock/reshape. I plan to change the ribbon to a thin tan on light olive ribbon with a bow. The hat is an early 1960s Byer-Rolnick era Resistol "17.50."

The "green" is actually much darker than the photo - more of bottle green.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88