Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
http:/[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/IMAG0215_zpsdvh6fhhj.jpg.html] [/URL]

Geez...my cell phone does not take really good pictures in the evening time....

This is a Champ Western Hat, has the original cardboard price tag inside the leather sweatband, is so very clean. Says it is XXXX quality not one single mark anywhere on the hat, inside is super clean and the felt is flawless. I think the Silver Belly color on this one is a bit more mouse-grey but sure is nice. I know Daniel loves these Vintage hats that had the thin ribbon that looks like the ribbon on this hat over the just flat normal grosgrain that is on most thin ribbon hats. The person who sold this hat to me, did not know too much about hats in general, said this one has been in a box for some time, came from an estate sale. The box it came in was a very tall normal plain cardboard hat box that is almost 24 inches tall, and perhaps is older then the 1950's hat! I was comparing this to a Stetson Stratoliner and a Dobbs 20 that are thin ribbon. The brim and crown seems to be almost a identical dimension except the brim on the Stratoliner is a touch wider.

Last edited:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
This hat is an offer from a lounger, it's almost a late birthday gift.
cindy01.jpg

cindy02.jpg

cindy03.jpg

20140906.jpg

Looking really sharp, nice ;)

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
This is the first of a French hats bunch I bought in the last months to appear in this thread.
They came from a closed hats shop in Strasbourg - France: Chapellerie Meer.
It is a Flechet extra lèger without linen for end of summer and springtime.
2ewlif6.jpg
2v820i1.jpg
The sweatband is very thin with the "Century" stamp, that is very rare on the Flechet production. It weight only 80 gr. less than many palm hats.
2dqsrjr.jpg
It has this very nice vents both sides and very thin felt not so pliable. The ribbon is unusual for Eu hats, but lovely.
14si1bd.jpg
The right hat for the end of summer...or so it seems

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Heavens! That is BEAUTIFUL!
I am jealous (in a good way)!
Thank you. I have another one like this but the brim edge is a bit in worst condition.

That looks great Joao.
Thank you Richard.

This is a Champ Western Hat, has the original cardboard price tag inside the leather sweatband, is so very clean.
Nice one (apart the short-almost-non-existing-brim) ;)

Looking really sharp, nice ;)
Thank you ;)

Yesteryear

One of the Regulars
Here are two new hats I just bought for winter. They are not vintage or expensive, but they're still great hats!

The Belfry Tammany bowler, made by Belfry Hats in the USA. It has a nice crisp feel and a 'DRi-LEX' fabric liner.

The Belfry Bogart, also made by Belfry hats in the US. The wool is a bit fuzzy but still makes a nice impression. I had been looking for a grey hat with similar proportions to my Country Gentleman 'Wilton' and this one is pretty close.

tommyK

One Too Many
Stetson Derby/Bowler from Dec. 18th 1958

_DSC1043_zpsf9d0fb35.jpg
_DSC1044_zps2fb17b9c.jpg _DSC1045_zps4afabf8c.jpg

It was my size 7 1/2 long oval, in the vintage Stetsons these fit me like custom
_DSC1026_zpsb0698e10.jpg
Looks like new, couldn't have been worn much
_DSC1040_zpsac5d8f1b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld