Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peter Bros Fedora

JeffW

Familiar Face
Here I am going to a party in my Peters Bros Fedora. The only thing I do not like about the hat is the cheesy leather band. The hat is a little stiff I guess cause they mainly do cowboy hats.

It will go off to Art for a proper band and his magic.

petersbros.jpg

Uncle Vern

One of the Regulars
That's a nice-looking hat. I recently bought a vintage Open Road with a 2.75-inch brim, and the it felt stiff. I rolled the brim up toward the crown, unrolled it, and continued doing it all the way around the brim, and then I rolled it under, also working my way around the brim. The hat didn't lose its block. I did this several times, over the course of a few days. The brim got much softer quickly. Maybe it'll work for you. I also spent time just sqeezing and working the crown, and got the same results.

JeffW

Familiar Face
MattC said:
Which model is that Jeff?

The inside does not show a model. It only says 6X Beaver. I suspect that it was probebly made as one of their "Shady Oaks" hats but blocked for the Fedora.

riccardo

Practically Family
Beautiful.

Hi to all,
I like very much that model,Jeff, I'll go to take a look on PB site...maybe to purchase an hat like yours.
I like the western hat blocked in fedora shape.

With compliments.
Riccardo.

Uncle Vern

One of the Regulars
Look on the Peters Brothers site for the "Shady Oak" hat, which is their version of an Open Road.

JeffW

Familiar Face
riccardo said:
Jeff,
I haven't found this hat on the web site.
Has it a bound edge?
Have you bought it by internet?
Thanks.

It is not on their site. It does have a bound brim. I purchased it when I went there last year. I ended up buying 3 hats from them. It was not one of their standard hats on display. They went and got this out of the back room. It may be one of their custom models.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally