Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Our own vintage town

Foofoogal

Banned
Dalmatians have a natural affinity for horses and their original job was to run alongside the fire engine and keep other dogs at bay who might scare the horses.

I'll be. Thank you. I learn something new every day. Very important job they had. If you have never been on a spooked horse you never know how important. lol

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
TAXI!!!

aac-8812.jpg

286887600_93faa9f564.jpg

Where to, Mister?

3755908193_53d4182ea4.jpg

emsgoof

New in Town
I'm particular to the 1926 Lafrance fire engine we have here at work.
lafrance1.jpg

For transportation, only the finest will do. Perhaps a 1937 St. Louis Car Co. PCC car like this one that I used to operate at a museum.
dcts1101b.jpg

Which takes you out to the trolley park
glenecho.jpg

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Neugh!! How dare you sully the vintage nature of our town those cast-iron cows! We'll have vintage cable-cars with wood-panelling, running-boards and cute, dinging bells instead, thank you! Similar to the San Francisco ones:

3516805284_1b1c81eb23.jpg

And if the town becomes a city, we'll have to put in one of these, a fixture of the Golden Era:

nyel_1886.jpg

Elways!

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
retrogirl1941 said:
We also need a bus station that has bus's from the 30s and 40s. Like the ones you see in Gene Autrys movies!

100_0124.jpg

Samantha

How about the buss in "It Happened One Night"... that's one of my favorites! With all the license plates from different states all over the bumper! lol and don't forget, a stop for hot coffee, red hots and doughnuts! ;)

As for light rail, the PE was the most famous!

PE5121vineland.JPG

3476699126_b29cc6d4f7.jpg

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Well, if Winnemac has reciprocity with Michigan, I’ll be the town attorney. My office can be on the second floor of one of the shops facing the courthouse.

Of course, I anticipate this town being like an Amish community, where we don’t have legal problems with one another, but a good attorney is handy for dealing with outsiders.

I suppose I could be persuaded to represent the occasional lounger who over imbibes and ends up in front of the magistrate or justice of the peace.

-Dave

David Conwill said:
Well, if Winnemac has reciprocity with Michigan, I’ll be the town attorney. My office can be on the second floor of one of the shops facing the courthouse.

Of course, I anticipate this town being like an Amish community, where we don’t have legal problems with one another, but a good attorney is handy for dealing with outsiders.

I suppose I could be persuaded to represent the occasional lounger who over imbibes and ends up in front of the magistrate or justice of the peace.

-Dave

Gret. Now we have someone to represent Otis, the town drunk. ;) :p

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
nyel_1886.jpg

You really don't want those Victorian relics in our nice little burg. They were stench belching, spark tossing monstrosities. Elevated trains may seem charming, but you wouldn't want to live anywhere near one. Good old electric traction trolleys, that's the ticket! In the late 20's you could go from Maine to Colorado on them!

Bumped for new arrivals, especially some who've commented in "Dating for Fedora Loungers" about this very subject.

I still think some of the abandoned or semiabandoned towns that died when Route 66 was realigned and ultimately terminated would be just the perfect sites for this kind of project...

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I'm a radio man for the Coast Guard... I do weather broadcasts and other notices for prevention of accidents... how can that translate to a position in the town?

And what would we name this great place?

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Nope, I just do the broadcasts.

The Electricians Mates joke that we break em, they fix em.

I've got it, I'll write for the paper, I do editorials here, well I try at least, they rarely get published, mainly because I write to complain that men don't dress as nice as they should.

AND NOBODY HAS ANSWERED WHAT WE WOULD NAME THIS PLACE! I'M WRITING IN CAPS TO DRIVE HOME THE POINT! I'M ACTUALLY SHOUTING THIS AS I AM TYPING!

I think we should call it something simple... One word, catchy, maybe just Nostalgia. Or Vintage-ville. Or that place that a bunch o'crazy Vintage Folks put together.

Panache

A-List Customer
Mr Vim said:
...AND NOBODY HAS ANSWERED WHAT WE WOULD NAME THIS PLACE! I'M WRITING IN CAPS TO DRIVE HOME THE POINT! I'M ACTUALLY SHOUTING THIS AS I AM TYPING!

I think we should call it something simple... One word, catchy, maybe just Nostalgia. Or Vintage-ville. Or that place that a bunch o'crazy Vintage Folks put together.

The perfect name for this town would be ...Vintage

Think about it

"Welcome to Vintage California" , "Welcome to Vintage Arizona", "Vintage New York", etc

It sums up all of what we like

Cheers

Jamie

J.B.

Practically Family
Mr Vim said:
I'm a radio man for the Coast Guard... I do weather broadcasts and other notices for prevention of accidents... how can that translate to a position in the town?...

I'm sure there's a job in radio for you somewhere?! :p

...But the job of telegrapher is already spoken for by a card-carrying ZUT member! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe