Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Our own vintage town

LizzieMaine

Bartender
KittyT said:
Sorry if this seems rude, but while I like you all fine, I would totally not want to live in a town with you guys. I'm sure some things would be great, but we'd all be competing at the local vintage shops. Besides, would there be laws against swearing and making crude jokes?

pillory.jpg

"That'll teach him to wear low armholes."

Umm, aren't the stocks a little too vintage? IE, we're talking 1930s not 1630s, right?

Darhling (and anyone else stuck for somewhere to crash), I'm sure I could be "persuaded" to add a couple of guesthouses onto the build-plans for Rattler's Den and allow you to reside in one until you find somewhere better... or, since over half the main house'd be unused*...;) (what happens when a single guy designs a house big enough to accommodate family, plus friends and their families, y'know!) Just please be careful of the demolitions-locker and heavy-weapons vault, okay?

*I'd probably be sleeping in my office at HQ anyway, not having anything to really come home to...:eek:

Diamondback said:
Umm, aren't the stocks a little too vintage? IE, we're talking 1930s not 1630s, right?

Darhling (and anyone else stuck for somewhere to crash), I'm sure I could be "persuaded" to add a couple of guesthouses onto the build-plans for Rattler's Den and allow you to reside in one until you find somewhere better... or, since over half the main house'd be unused*...;) (what happens when a single guy designs a house big enough to accommodate family, plus friends and their families, y'know!) Just please be careful of the demolitions-locker and heavy-weapons vault, okay?

*I'd probably be sleeping in my office at HQ anyway, not having anything to really come home to...:eek:

Geez, the Rattler's Den starts out as a house then opens a bar in the front and next thing we know you have guesthouses becoming a hotel. Did you pass all this by our zoning department? :p

[voice=Dr. Evil]Mr. Powers[/voice], a hotel charges, I don't--since I've got the space (6500 square feet on the main house) and it's mostly unused, might as well let someone in need use some of it, right? (Now if somebody wants to chip in to keep the fridge, liquor-locker and humidor stocked I'm not gonna argue, but...:D) I never said anything about putting in a bar other than the "private reserve" for guests, either!

What next, gonna pitch a fit about the F-106 interceptors parked in the driveway?

WH1

Practically Family
Of course police are needed. But no swat team and friendly beat cops only. Perhaps a mounted officer or two. I'd like that position if possible, I have a mare that would be a dandy for the job:D .

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
KittyT said:
Sorry if this seems rude, but while I like you all fine, I would totally not want to live in a town with you guys. I'm sure some things would be great, but we'd all be competing at the local vintage shops. Besides, would there be laws against swearing and making crude jokes?

lol! And the pressure! Would there be fines imposed for the days one chose not to wear vintage? Or....use a cell phone?

Does that mean I'm off the Police Reserve's "Tactical Team"? Come on, I even use classics like the Thompson...

"... an elegant weapon, not as clumsy or random as a Glock."

Hey, since we've heard of Mall Ninjas but I'm the first known "Shopping Center Jedi"...lol

"May the Force never kick in your door at 3AM!":D

WH1

Practically Family
I believe those were known as "flying squads" back in the day not tactical teams or swat.

Thompsons, Mdl 97s, 1911s and lead saps what a way to go to work.

Diamondback said:
[voice=Dr. Evil]Mr. Powers[/voice], a hotel charges, I don't--since I've got the space (6500 square feet on the main house) and it's mostly unused, might as well let someone in need use some of it, right? (Now if somebody wants to chip in to keep the fridge, liquor-locker and humidor stocked I'm not gonna argue, but...:D) I never said anything about putting in a bar other than the "private reserve" for guests, either!

What next, gonna pitch a fit about the F-106 interceptors parked in the driveway?

The F-106s can there as long as I get to use them once in a while. :D

Waitaminnit--they are Golden Era aircraft (if just barely), what am I doing "asking" you?
"Free people neither ask for nor need 'permission'."lol

Crack up 454, and your butt is grass with me being the lawnmower.:mad: (Replica of a good friend's old bird...) What're your single-engine single-seat high-performance jet credentials, anyway?

Diamondback said:
Waitaminnit--they are Golden Era aircraft (if just barely), what am I doing "asking" you?
"Free people neither ask for nor need 'permission'."lol

Crack up 454, and your butt is grass with me being the lawnmower.:mad: (Replica of a good friend's old bird...) What're your single-engine single-seat high-performance jet credentials, anyway?

Well, I have a lot of pull with the local zoning department. You might have to let me ride it around first to make sure its safe enough. Then again there is that permit to have an aircraft on your property instead of in a museum. Plenty more other zoning requirements that we could get around you know. ;) :p :D

Considering it's already zoned for an airstrip...:p

Checkride in the B-model (two-seater) is possible, but I can't let you take out one of the -A's without appropriate licenses--or the FAA'd pull mine!

Okay, forget just "two"--you just made me decide to park the entire 318th out there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld