Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oumuamua

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So… Lockheed Martin.
Credible sources have claimed that Lockheed Martin is in possession of at least one recovered off-world craft. David Grusch has reportedly given the Intelligence Community Inspector General (ICIG) the ADDRESS where Lockheed Martin is (or was) storing this crashed UFO. In the famous Eric Davis/Admiral Wilson memo, Wilson supposedly complained that he was Not allowed access to this program. Davis has supposedly confirmed the authenticity of this memo recently.
AND YET… where do we stand? Nothing but unproven allegations. Is the high status of the claimants enough to give them credibility? To a degree, but not completely.
I am a bit surprised that, with all these stories about Lockheed Martin dribbling out, there aren’t any verifiable leaks, photos, insider whistleblowers, etc. Has LM itself made a statement? Not that I know of.
Again: rumor says we will have more congressional hearings before year end.

Last edited:

Tiki Tom

Caught on film: A luminous orb moves across a field and then, suddenly, it transforms into two humanoid beings. Just as suddenly they then turn back into an orb. The film is from Mexico. Crazy stuff.

Tiki Tom

Oh, please.
basically:
1. Ufo stories are anti-democratic because they promote conspiracy theories;
2. Ufo stories are anti-intellectual because they dismiss science;
3. ufo stories are racist because they misrepresent the stories/legends of indigenous peoples AND because one group of aliens are supposedly “the nordics” who are supposedly tall and fair skinned.
Therefore, ufo stories will lead to the degrading of society.
But this fluffy “think piece” does not mention the tic tac videos, or last year’s congressional hearings, or David Grusch or Luis Alizondo, or Senate draft legislation requiring private aerospace corporations to give any off-world material they may have to the government in a transparent manner. Why are serious politicians even proposing such language?
In short the article promotes one opinion (it’s all nonsense) and doesn’t address legitimate reasons why some might wonder if something unexplained is going on.
i particularly was amused when the article said that Jimmy Carter’s ufo sighting “was probably Venus.”
I don’t mind people asking questions and having doubts, but this is a bigoted know-it-all piece of smug condescension.

Last edited:

Leather_nube

Familiar Face
Oh, please.
basically:
1. Ufo stories are anti-democratic because they promote conspiracy theories;
2. Ufo stories are anti-intellectual because they dismiss science;
3. ufo stories are racist because they misrepresent the stories/legends of indigenous peoples AND because one group of aliens are supposedly “the nordics” who are supposedly tall and fair skinned.
Therefore, ufo stories will lead to the degrading of society.
But this fluffy “think piece” does not mention the tic tac videos, or last year’s congressional hearings, or David Grusch or Luis Alizondo, or Senate draft legislation requiring private aerospace corporations to give any off-world material they may have to the government in a transparent manner. Why are serious politicians even proposing such language?
In short the article promotes one opinion (it’s all nonsense) and doesn’t address legitimate reasons why some might wonder if something unexplained is going on.
i particularly was amused when the article said that Jimmy Carter’s ufo sighting “was probably Venus.”
I don’t mind people asking questions and having doubts, but this is a bigoted know-it-all piece of smug condescension.
Sounds like you would be well armed to write a response letter to the paper (https://kclpure.kcl.ac.uk/portal/en...-alien-visitation-claims-as-a-societal-proble) and get it peer reviewed and published.

Olumin

Familiar Face
It’s not my job to convince anyone. Everyone is entitled to their own believes. Why would I think I have to change anyone’s mind?. What gives us the idea that we are “right” and they are “wrong”. If anyone talks like that I’d advise to run as far as you can because they’re the real lunatic.

If someone doesn't want to believe something, nothing in the whole universe will convince them. There are people who have seen aliens hover right above their heads who still find ways to dismiss the idea. It’s the minds way to cope with trauma, loss of identity and collapsing world views. The mind is surprisingly good at coping with these things. Or perhaps not so surprisingly.

Leather_nube

Familiar Face
Thanks for your vote of confidence.
if I may ask, you have neglected to mention your views on the topic.
Apologies for the late response.

My views on the topic are similar to my views on the existence of omnipotent supernatural beings. In both cases there is a lack of conclusive evidence for their existence. Atheism is a common standpoint in relation to god/or gods. Dawkins takes this standpoint. I think his argument for atheism rather than agnosticism was more of a moral one than a scientific one.

Both standpoints however, “something exists” or “it doesn’t exist”, in the absence of evidence, is essentially a belief. In my opinion anyway. I’ve not been gifted with an abundance of belief/faith. As such, I remain agnostic and reserve the right to change my stance should conclusive evidence emerge.

The chat and videos are a bit of craic anyway.

Tiki Tom

Great Greer interview! Thanks. I enjoyed it. I especially like the parts where he slightly over does it when he talks about his own importance.
Greer is certainly one of the most controversial and divisive people in ufology. He talks a good game. But his humble origins and his pre-retirement career don’t quite align with his claims of being a super intelligence insider who has had the ear of everyone who has ever been in power.
Which isn’t to say that all Mr Greer’s ideas are wrong. His statement that all those well-known names are merely spreading disinformation might be right on target. Who knows?
The Steven M. Greer persona is a fun one; sincere fabulist or deep cover ufo insider? You decide.

Needless to say, opinions are my own and are worth exactly nothing.

Last edited:
I especially like the parts where he slightly over does it when he talks about his own importance.
Greer is certainly one of the most controversial and divisive people in ufology.
Agreed. His ego often takes precedence. I’m not a fan of his.
But his humble origins and his pre-retirement career don’t quite align with his claims of being a super intelligence insider who has had the ear of everyone who has ever been in power.
He only practiced ER medicine for <10 yrs. I once tried to learn anything about his parents & grandparents but drew a blank. I just find it hard to trust most of what he says.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1