Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oumuamua

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That’s why I’m so confused as to why these objects are even visible. If they were truly interdimensional, should they not be invisible?
One of the recent books I’ve read on this exact topic is “Encounters” by Dr D.W. Pasulka. She is a professor of religious studies at UNC who was sucked down the UFO rabbit hole when she postulated if “UFOs are a new, modern religious phenomenon.” In the process she ran into things that are very hard to explain. Be forewarned, her book strays very far away from your grandfather’s nuts-and-bolts UFOs.

As alluded to a few posts ago, I’m also interested in Stanford Professor Gary Nolan‘s hypothesis that some people may be genetically predisposed to see things (other realities) that other people can’t see. Fascinating research!

https://www.vetted.show/episodes/dr-garry-nolan-suggests-ufo-gene-needed-to-see-ufos

But in both cases, Nolan and Pasulka can only be described as serious academics who are seriously looking into these tabu subjects. Both of them belong to the so-called “Invisible College”, a group of scientists and scholars who are quietly studying the UFO/UAP topic.

Of course there are some carnival hucksters and snake oil salesmen out there too. I’m always asking myself who is legit/serious and who is a self-promoting BS artist.

Olumin

Familiar Face
One of the recent books I’ve read on this exact topic is “Encounters” by Dr D.W. Pasulka. She is a professor of religious studies at UNC who was sucked down the UFO rabbit hole when she postulated if “UFOs are a new, modern religious phenomenon.” In the process she ran into things that are very hard to explain. Be forewarned, her book strays very far away from your grandfather’s nuts-and-bolts UFOs.

As alluded to a few posts ago, I’m also interested in Stanford Professor Gary Nolan‘s hypothesis that some people may be genetically predisposed to see things (other realities) that other people can’t see. Fascinating research!

https://www.vetted.show/episodes/dr-garry-nolan-suggests-ufo-gene-needed-to-see-ufos

But in both cases, Nolan and Pasulka can only be described as serious academics who are seriously looking into these tabu subjects. Both of them belong to the so-called “Invisible College”, a group of scientists and scholars who are quietly studying the UFO/UAP topic.

Of course there are some carnival hucksters and snake oil salesmen out there too. I’m always asking myself who is legit/serious and who is a self-promoting BS artist.
The idea of some UFOs being interdimensional or things we can peak from other realities is indeed well established. I wouldn't call it genetic predisposition exactly, but something like that anyway. Ultimately, it’s something that happens to everyone from time to time. Though most of us never realize or give it any serious thought. Including myself.

From what I have learned, It’s actually closer to what I will call a vibrational convergence; where our own consciousness is temporarily overlapped and compatible with another reality. It also very much depends how open the individual is to such things. Being open to these things makes you more compatible with these realities, and you will draw such experiences to you more often. Since everything is energy, and that energy vibrates at certain frequencies; if your own energy is more compatible with these realities or what people call "paranormal phenomena", you will be aware of them more often. Energy attracts more energy of a similar vibrational pattern, and since energy and matter are one and the same...
After all; you don’t hear physicists complain much about hauntings, because most simply don’t believe in them.

All that is to say that people who see UFOs or "paranormal phenomena" are not special, or have some kind of unique gift. They are simply in a mindset which makes them more likely to attract such things. There are likely also other, lesser, factors involved; and some are indeed what one might call a form of predisposition. But everyone is capable of experiencing or seeing these things. I guess all it takes is a different mindset.

Considering the appearance and behaviour of the object I saw, my best guess is that it was indeed an object from another reality which I was able to glimpse, rather than an alien spacecraft. Probably something quite ordinary actually, basically just their version of an airliner.

Well, I hope that was interesting anyhow. Just my POV of this whole other realities and "paranormal" thing. I'm certainly no expert or would ever claim to have some kind of special knowledge. Just my own personal believes.

Tiki Tom

Well. This might be interesting.
Especially since the ufo/uap topic has been pretty quiet for about 6 months.
What has happened to David Grusch?
what has happened to the follow up congressional hearings that were going to happen?
I hear that a second attempt to ram through the Schumer amendment is being developed.
Some crash retrieval gossip has oozed out. Some of it even sounding credible… but who knows? No hard evidence until (maybe) now….

https://www.morningstar.com/news/pr...ishing-uap-material-test-results-at-symposium

MUFON is at least a legitimate organization. Beyond that: impossible to speculate. Show us the material and the test results and tell us the story. The fact that it comes from Russia adds an interesting twist to the tale.

Tiki Tom

UAP topic remains quiet.
BUT… This was just published in the mainstream press (NBC affiliate).
Includes new evidence coming from an ex senior intelligence official.
It is basically about an alleged ufo crash in Kingman, Arizona in 1952. Supposedly the craft was recovered intact and spirited away by the military. And, yes, there were reports of occupants.
The reporter in the imbedded clip tracks down old newspaper stories and redacted official documents.

https://www.12news.com/article/news...te-66/75-8d45a1a1-4249-432c-88c0-b3f2e2a5d691

Is there something to it? Or is it just a slow news cycle? Are these whispers of a secret crash recovery program just a persistent urban myth? I used to dismiss it by saying “ it’s always the same small group of people telling these tall tales.” But that is not strictly true. In recent months additional people have stepped forward who have solid credentials. It’s either just a silly nothing-burger OR the story of the century.

Tiki Tom

Holy smokes.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...mies-peru-independent-analysis-tennessee.html

i confess that I have been actively avoiding the above-linked topic for the longest time. The Peruvian Mummies story was just too far “out there.” Now I suppose that we can no longer avoid it.

I am certainly not (yet) jumping on the band wagon… but take a few moments to examine some of the photos in the article. Bizarre!

BTW, the article includes a lot of info on related topics. Hearings are coming before the end of the year!

Tiki Tom

Great article. Again, if there is nothing to it, why is there such a fight over this legislation? And why is the Senate Majoriy Leader expending so much political capital on an issue that could easily be used to paint him as a nut?

https://www.splinter.com/what-does-senate-majority-leader-chuck-schumer-know-about-ufos

I’d love to know what is motivating all this shadowy maneuvering. There is too much going on to lightly dismiss it, yet not enough solid evidence to nail it down once and for all.

Olumin

Familiar Face
"Solid evidence" is whatever is backed and supported by official institutions; in other words, the establishment. So if you're waiting for "official confirmation" I would say dont hold your breath.

It is not the governments job to tell us about aliens, the governments job is to maintain the status quo. The same goes for all major institutions. Everyone wants to protect their own interests & survive, individuals aswell as institutions. The establishment survives by keeping the status quo. The general public knowing about ETs is not helpful in keeping the status quo.

If the government confirms the existence of aliens, there will be ulterior motives. They will not do it out of the goodness of their heart. Such a move would be self destructive, and most governments & institutions around the world independently came to that same conclusion.

They also have to be exceptionally desperate to take such measures, which means this it not a good sign (for the system). In the simplest of terms it means that behind the scenes things are going to s**t. Whenever a system collapses it will try to take as many with it as it can. Make of that what you will.

Tiki Tom

If you have about 45 minutes, sit back in your most comfortable chair and enjoy. This interview will catch you up on the latest developments in the UAP saga, and will drop a few new buzzwords and data points along the way. It is —all in one go— very interesting, very credible, very unbelievable, head-scratching, and entertaining.

For me, the question of “is it true?” has almost become secondary. My real interest is: Who are these seemingly high-credibility people? (at least they seem highly credible when looking at their verifiable former jobs.) Are they for real? I was shocked to learn that former GS-15 Luis Elizondo is now living in a trailer with his family. He gave up everything for what? You can argue it either way, and in both cases the conclusions to be drawn are disturbing; either a UFO government cover-up is happening, OR the government is infested at high levels (and with high security clearances) with disturbed nut cases who really believe these incredible stories. And there are a lot of them. Either way, people should be concerned.

I was shocked to learn that former GS-15 Luis Elizondo is now living in a trailer with his family.
The top level salary of a GS15 is not as much as you might think especially if your assignment requires you to live in the Washington DC area with the cost of housing there. But you can live on a GS15 pension very well once you are vested & move away.
either a UFO government cover-up is happening, OR the government is infested at high levels (and with high security clearances) with disturbed nut cases who really believe these incredible stories.
I still believe that full disclosure by the US, Britain, Russia or China will never happen. The smaller countries with lower GNI’s & therefore lower social welfare will try & force disclosure so they gain knowledge about what the powerful nations know. The last I knew 29 countries were trying to get to the moon, most of which don’t have the GNI to support such a space program. Is it something there (such as technology from a previous civilization) or just imperialism that’s driving their efforts? Similar motives for all the countries sticking their flags in Antarctica now that the ice cap is melting?

I still believe the agenda for the US is to weaponize space, keeping pace/staying ahead of the efforts to do so by Russia & China. It may just be the current intelligence job of Elizondo & others to limit & control disclosure, & at the same time turn public/world opinion towards accepting weaponization as a way of protection against all adversaries foreign & domestic, & maybe alien. Just maybe President Regan’s speech including the idea of an “alien threat” was the opening salvo of such an agenda.

Benny Holiday

I don't get how supposedly super-advanced intelligences that can traverse ludicrous distances across the universe suddenly arrive in our atmosphere and next thing, bing-boom-bam, they crash. Who is ET sending, their version of the Three Stooges?

Olumin

Familiar Face
I don't get how supposedly super-advanced intelligences that can traverse ludicrous distances across the universe suddenly arrive in our atmosphere and next thing, bing-boom-bam, they crash. Who is ET sending, their version of the Three Stooges?
I'll humor you:

1: The number of "crashed" craft compared to successful missions to earth is almost certainly vanishingly small. Likely a handful compared to millions.

2: Its possible that the number of "crashed" craft is greatly exaggerated.

3: We have no idea about the reasons involved in these incidents. After all the beings in question have yet to release their accident reports to us. It’s possible these craft were deliberately abandoned rather than accidentally crashed, or that entirely unpredictable factors were involved.

4: The most difficult & dangerous part of space travel is take-off and landing. If an accident is going to occur, it would most likely be at the destination. There isn't much to crash into in empty space. The journey there is the easy part.

5: Earth is a planet with lots of dangerous, unpredictable factors. Most terrestrial planets out there are a lot more boring. Alien home-worlds are likely to be tamed and artificially controlled, like a curated garden. Even with lots of research there are many things that could go wrong on a wild & untamed planet such as earth.

Earth isn't like the moon or mercury, we have constantly fluctuating atmospheric conditions, unstable magnetic & gravitational anomalies, unpredictable weather phenomenon, other alien visitors to run into etc.

6: The possibility that these craft were "crashed" deliberately for whatever reason, including the seeding of technology, or to simply see what would happen.

7: 3rd party meddling. Perhaps someone else didn't want them here. In this case these crashes would be anything but accidental, and are not attributable to technical failures. Im not talking about Humans here, we would never be able to take down one of their craft.

I’m sure someone else can come up with more potential explanations. In any case; as usual it’s not as simple as "they are incompetent". These beings are a lot more competent than us; I promise you.

If they did crash, I trust that there are very good reasons for it, and that it’s an incredibly rare phenomenon in the grand scheme of things.

-Olumin, pround alien apologist.

super-advanced intelligences that can traverse ludicrous distances across the universe
I don’t believe they do that. They could be here (or in our atmosphere) all the time, & may have been here longer than we have. Or they are inter dimensional (think String Theory, parallel universes) & have the ability to pass thru the veil from their dimension into ours.

Olumin

Familiar Face
I don’t believe they do that. They could be here (or in our atmosphere) all the time, & may have been here longer than we have. Or they are inter dimensional (think String Theory, parallel universes) & have the ability to pass thru the veil from their dimension into ours.
This.

As for the ones that do come from this universe (or dimension), they most certainly posses the means of quickly, or even instantaneously, traversing vast distances. I'm not merely talking about something like warp drive (although some may use it, who knows), but the use of "portals" and teleportation. In other words instantaneous transportation across space (and time).

The ability to teleport or utilize portals is often reported in the context of UFOs. It is possible that the multidimensional nature of the universe comes into play for tech like this, in which case we would likely not understand it on a logical level (yet). I would imagine our science isn't quite there yet, but at the same time probably closer then one might think.

Aliens: "Do not try to cross the vastness of space, that is impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth.
Humans: "What truth?"
Aliens: "There is no space."

Tiki Tom

I’m right there with you guys.
The challenges to traditional materialism seem to be piling up. It used to be that scientists believed that the only things that existed were space and time and matter. Now other possibilities are being seriously raised. Is spacetime fundamental? Is there something deeper and more fundamental than spacetime?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-more-physicists-are-starting-to-think-space-and-time-are-illusions

https://pswscience.org/meeting/the-doom-of-spacetime/

But if you open that can of worms, the very nature of reality comes into question and almost anything becomes possible. There is a new branch of ufology that seeks to investigate the overlaps of UFOs, psychic phenomena, near death experiences, parallel universes, consciousness, etc.

Yikes. It’s the brink of a whole new worldview. I find myself precariously wobbling on the edge. To take the plunge means going far beyond the ufo riddle. Where does one draw the line?

Last edited:

Olumin

Familiar Face
I dont have much to add, I think you're completely right. But this reminds me of another good quote:

“A thousand years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe.
Five hundred years ago, they knew the Earth was flat.
Fifteen minutes ago, you knew we humans were alone on this planet.
Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.”

Personally, I cant wait.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve S