Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ok, so some things in the golden era were not too cool...

Blackjack

One Too Many
I should have said black pudding - it's exactly the same.

You have no idea how macho that comment makes me feel! :p

I've ate snake, octopus, bison, even swallowed goldfish in a bar once but when you started talking about purple jiggly fatty organs, thats where I draw the line. It's all yours and I'm glad I could help!!!! :eusa_doh:

I've ate snake, octopus, bison, even swallowed goldfish in a bar once but when you started talking about purple jiggly fatty organs, thats where I draw the line. It's all yours and I'm glad I could help!!!! :eusa_doh:

Scungilli anyone? :p

hpim1333.jpg

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I've eaten raw octopus, tastes fine, but it gets bigger and bigger the more you chew on it. I ate a half inch cube and nearly couldn't swallow it. There was also something at this Korean place the resembled cricket legs in a thin red sauce. Didn't taste too much at all.

Later

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
I was presented with duck hearts in China once.... and more than a few things I don't fully know the origin of (thankfully, cat consumption is dying out there. I'd hate to think I'd eaten a person. Or a dog - not that dogs are people to me, just that they seem so unhygienic! lol ). The duck hearts were lovely.

Connery

One Too Many
Makes sense. How about this?:
monkey_brains.jpg

I cannot see your picture, nothing shows up....but I will tell you a very short story. I was in another country once and decided to eat some raw fish in a very large bowl from a restaurant by the sea. Luckily I made it home and after several months and many doctors visits I can safely say that I will never do that again.:dizzy:

I cannot see your picture, nothing shows up....but I will tell you a very short story. I was in another country once and decided to eat some raw fish in a very large bowl from a restaurant by the sea. Luckily I made it home and after several months and many doctors visits I can safely say that I will never do that again.:dizzy:

Let me try again:

I eat nothing raw in restaurants. I even shy away from salad because so much can go wrong there.:eeek:
5.-Fried-spiders.jpg

Flicka

One Too Many
I can't tell what that is, but I once had fried grasshoppers in Thailand. Not good at all; they mostly tasted like very old frying oil.

But to be honest, IRL, I'm about 90 % vegetarian

As far as beef lips go, I love beef but I wouldn't kiss a cow.

And I wouldn't turn down a smooch from Ben Barnes but I wouldn't eat him. Not even his liver with fava beans and a nice chianti. ;)

I can't tell what that is, but I once had fried grasshoppers in Thailand. Not good at all; they mostly tasted like very old frying oil.

But to be honest, IRL, I'm about 90 % vegetarian

And I wouldn't turn down a smooch from Ben Barnes but I wouldn't eat him. Not even his liver with fava beans and a nice chianti. ;)

The first picture is tasty fried spiders and the second one(just above) is Duck Tongues. :p MMMM MMMM. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe