Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

not for the faint of heart in classy fashion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detective_Noir

One of the Regulars
I have no intention to make anyone mad at this site for I love the classy fashion i am just showing what I was shown about peoples views on our style
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2155606
My question is why do people hate fedoras? I mean its a classy style and people have to tear us down from it... Was shown this on Facebook and made me feel quite disgusted

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
That's really funny.

Love the photos of Torpedo (he not around these days?) and Alan with the Badass comment.

I always knew Alan was badass!! :)

D-N my daughter posted this on my Facebook this very morning ...

smugshot9159648-L.jpg

Last edited:
I hate fedoras, but I'd never demean those that like and wear them. All sites have a flavor and culture. Some are better than others. This one is better...(For clarity, I probably hate them in part because I look like a dope in one...but I also just don't like 'em). ;)

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
The internets still have yet to pull one of my pics for these flame threads. I must be doing something wrong.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Love that Stetson Motor, Alan! And I think I sold Torpedo that grey 40's Stetson he's wearing. Definitely, the two stars of that slideshow!

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
I'm not really concerned with what others think of my style. That having been said, my friends who are involved in the fashion industry like my hats. And, around these parts, hats (even if they are stingy, wool, or otherwise not vintage quality), are VERY "in" right now.

Suburu owners think it's ridiculous that this forum exists? Great, because I likewise can't believe there's a Subura Impreza forum.

tealseal

A-List Customer
I've never much cared for the Impreza. Every time I drove one, I felt like I was being regarded as one of "those kids" that subscribe to magazines about tuning cars, lowering suspensions, and having obnoxious exhaust systems. In other words, the car didn't fit me. It made me feel self-conscious.
I think a lot of the guys over there simply lack the confidence to wear a proper hat. The point was made about getting a hat to fit your proportions, and as we all know, they're absolutely right. I've certainly made a few mistakes in this area, no doubt about it!
I'd bet my last dollar if anyone on the Impreza forum walked into Optimo or Buckaroo, they would find a hat that makes them feel as comfortable and confident as their beloved automobiles.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Subaru makes some pretty good cars. I wouldn't look to car guys for fashion advice though.
top-gear-hosts-2011-a-p.jpg

Although this guy sure is snazzy:
columns-stig.jpg

An entire thread devoted to putting down folks that did nothing to them.

I know folks that drive the Subie fart-can mobiles. Obviously, I don't know them all, but from the ones I do know, I'm not overly surprised by this display....

Detective_Noir

One of the Regulars
it just bothered me where if you dont like a hat you dont have to tell the person his hat looks horrible and he looks horrible for wearing it.. it ruins a mans self confidence in his style making him feel (Awkward in public).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe