Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEWS BOY CAPS

UWS Cowboy

One of the Regulars
I'd like to get a newsboy in all linen for the summer months, but I'd like to buy it in person. Hopefully one of the hat stores here will have one of good quality.

Burnsie

HoosierDaddy said:
Here's couple shots of my new HatPeople "Deep cut" Houndstooth. Perhaps another option for those who may prefer a less full patterned Newsboy...

Thanks for the tip over on VLJ! I really like the less full cut and your pics look less "deep" than the one on the hat people site...Cool cap!

UWS Cowboy

One of the Regulars
My hat shrunk after a heavy rain and I think the cut looks better.
n1201830061_30109037_4589.jpg

Jerekson

One Too Many
UWS Cowboy said:
I'd like to get a newsboy in all linen for the summer months, but I'd like to buy it in person. Hopefully one of the hat stores here will have one of good quality.

I second that nomination. Any good sources?

Torpedo

One Too Many
I wonder if anyone out there owns both a B! Wear and a HatPeople cap, and can compare them?

I have read B!Wear's visors are narrower. Besides that... how big are them? They look like the equivalent of HatPeople's Extra Full Cut, but are they?

Regards!

Jerekson

One Too Many
Hey Gene, I dig the glasses. Originals? They look sort of like the reproductions I see on eBay...

mike

Call Me a Cab
Torpedo said:
I wonder if anyone out there owns both a B! Wear and a HatPeople cap, and can compare them?

I have read B!Wear's visors are narrower. Besides that... how big are them? They look like the equivalent of HatPeople's Extra Full Cut, but are they?

Regards!

I too have noticed that the B!wears in pics seem to have a very tiny visor and wondered if they were all made that way....
HD

carter

I'll Lock Up
Torpedo said:

Regards!
I have both and the brim/visor on the B!wear is definitely on the skimpy side. While full, the body of the B!Wear is not the equivalent of the HatPeople's Extra Full Cut. I'd like to see a much wider and deeper brim on a B!Wear cap.

Also, I do like the sizing of the B!Wear, as far as the sweatband is concerned, better. The elastic-and-safety pin adjustment on the HatPeople cap strikes me as cutting corners. I'd also like a bit more stiffness in the HatPeople brim which is completely soft.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
carter said:
Also, I do like the sizing of the B!Wear, as far as the sweatband is concerned, better. The elastic-and-safety pin adjustment on the HatPeople cap strikes me as cutting corners. I'd also like a bit more stiffness in the HatPeople brim which is completely soft.[/FONT]

As much as I would prefer a better sweatband on the hatpeople caps, my "between sizes" noggin really appreciates the adjustability. Also, I like the soft brim. Different strokes, and all that. Now if only we could pick our favorite bits of each cap brand and build our own perfect newsboys!

Burnsie

Got a Hat People newsboy on order...thanks all for the pics, I love that you can choose the cut (I went for deep cut - my current 3 newsboys seem TOO full for my taste)

Burnsie
I was going to say that my deepcut might be a bit blousier than yours...but I think that you may just have it pulled down a little further on your head than I wear mine.
Hey!...How did you get yours so fast?? I ordered a black&grey herringbone Feb 13..and have received no shipping date on it yet!.....
HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe