Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newbie buys New Hat

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
all of them are nice hats

Mark,

I have one just like yours and wear it every other day right now....Roger gave me another one that I wear and i have a Monticristi, too.

Marc Chevalier, I like your optimo, too. That style of hat is pretty cool looking...

Just like fedoras, panamas can come in so many styles, blocks, and ribbons that they make them alot of fun. Great to wear in the Missouri heat...

mark the shoeshine boy

NewMexExpat

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the comments & suggestions, fellas. Ideally, I would like a higher, raked, American-style, C-crown. And Robert could have gotten that for me -- IF I hadn't been so cheap and impatient. He was very helpful, and worked to get me the most hat for my money as quickly as possible, and in a c-crown.

The brim is nearly 2 7/8 all around. So, though like RedPop4 it's not money I'll spend soon, I may have it reblocked in the future. (Maybe like photobyalan's avatar.) I think it's certainly a nice enough weave to warrant that.

Lt. -- it really doesn't sit too high. Rides about where my felt does.

I may have a little too much curl in the brim, but can continue to experiment. Overall, I'm very pleased.

Many thanks to panamabob!

- Mark

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
NewMexExpat said:
Hello GF, good to "meet" someone else from God's Country.

I was born in Alamogordo, 1957. UNM, '75 - '79. I taught school in Roswell, '70/'80 - my first job after college. We moved to Lubbock in 1980, spent two years there, then moved to Illinois when we joined the USAF. I sure miss the dry air, the mountains and the beautiful skies.:cry: (I even miss the desert.) [huh]

Regards,

- Mark

Lived in Alamogordo for a few years myself, and loved it. Worked at the Red Rooster Restaurant (gone now). Lived on Canal St. in a travel trailer. I was 16-18 and by myself. Lovely place, and nice mountains.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe