Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Star Trek

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
MrBern said:
No matter what the movie will be like, Im excited this TOS toy is coming out for Halloween priced at $40.

medtric1.jpg

http://gizmodo.com/383040/star-trek-medical-tricorder-goes-beep-wont-diagnose-alien-disease

I was looking forward to this toy, but the websites seem to have backed it off til January. Talk about a trick & no treat...
Boooo!

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
diamond select

carter said:
At this website:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?theme=Star+Trek

a real ST geek can get a phaser, tricorder, and the new medical tricorder for under a C note (plus shipping). It's not too early for Christmas shopping for your very own geek. :D

The phaser has been out for years. I liked it better when it was $15. Now its closer to $30.
The communicator came out last year.
The tricorder might not make it to market til next year.
Some stores have a boxed edition of the phaser & communicator together for $50.
Theres some saying the communicator available exclusively from EE is nicer quality w/ extra sound bytes. Check Youtube for demos.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Yes, thats 19 yr old Anton Yelchin as Chekov

Koenig on new Chekov, Anton Yelchin:

I talked to Anton. He came by and actually spent a couple of hours talking. He is a very ingenious pleasant young man. He already has a career, I mean he is quite well established and seems to be building quite a career for himself as an actor.

Koenig stated that although it was “odd” to see Yelchin play Chekov, but he didn’t have any proprietary feelings towards the character. He went on to say:

I suppose the only way it would have been upsetting would be if they had cast a 71-year-old, but I told J.J. that we only leased these roles … I’m rooting for them. I feel that if they succeed, it carries ‘Star Trek’ on. Being part of that mythos and legend is very gratifying.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
two part tunic & skant

Hmm..the women's mini-skirt uniform is short sleeve. Which reminds he more of Troi's similar uniform in early TNG.
2854480514_b0ba7d0f2e.jpg

Looking at Spock's collar on the mag cover...it looks like it might be a blue tunic that pulls over a black shirt. Which might explain why kirk is only wearing a black shirt. Theres a faint impression on Kirk's tunic where the emblem would be on his chest.
I was thinking the red shirts were more maroon, like the uniforms worn in the movie. But the waffling pattern of the textile reminds me of the new superman uniform. And Superman's movie cape is more maroon than red....
75317156_e3e319e8dd.jpg

Nighthawk

One of the Regulars
MrBern said:
Looking at Spock's collar on the mag cover...it looks like it might be a blue tunic that pulls over a black shirt. Which might explain why kirk is only wearing a black shirt.

I believe Trek Movie reported this a while back.

Regards,

NH

Nighthawk

One of the Regulars
MrBern said:
But the waffling pattern of the textile reminds me of the new superman uniform.

I forgot to add in my earlier post that the waffling pattern is actually mini-Starfleet symbols that cover the entire uniform.

NH

MrBern

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld