Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New hats from the Fedora store

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm pretty sure this is the Fedora Lounge, and not the "Fur Felt Snobbery" Lounge. Of course I probably don't belong here since my tastes generally favor Westerns and Derbies-- wait there are several threads here for these too! Whaddya know!? A fellow has the right to feel good about whatever hat he likes.

Actually, this is a Fur Felt Snobbery-biased site, and I am among the principal snobs, let's be honest. But above that, it is the "be enthusiastic about fedora-like hats that you like" site. You are correct. If you disagree with someone writing, or he disagrees with you, that's the point of the site. I have broad areas of agreement with the other writers here, and areas of disagreement. So I like to air those. Otherwise, what's the point of an interactive site.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Service is, indeed, what it's all about.

Village Hat Shop is the same way ... great to work with on line.

On the other hand, when wool felt hats start costing over $50 you gotta hope the newer wearers are being careful, because you certainly can get a fur felt elsewhere for that price range ... maybe not brand new, but isn't part of the appeal the search?

We're lucky out here. When you find a hat, it's resonably priced. Just since Thanksgiving this year, I have scored a Knox, a Wormser and a Strat and don't have $50 in all three.

Of course I have also booked a lot of disappointed searches when I found nothing. Maybe that is what adds up to the cost of getting the same hats on Ebay.

However, frankly, my time isn't all that valuable.

Back to the topic ... we should all be more appreciative of GOOD SERVICE. It doesn't cost anything to let a business know that its efforts matter to us.

Sam

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Service is, indeed, what it's all about.

We're lucky out here. When you find a hat, it's resonably priced. Just since Thanksgiving this year, I have scored a Knox, a Wormser and a Strat and don't have $50 in all three.

Sam

Wow you where real lucky with those hat at those prices must have been middle of the night bid ending jobs. I have had beeter luck with networking with the local consignment shops. The prices that some of these hats's go far on ebay is insane. I am much more likely to purchase from a Hatter that is alive today and needs the work to pay the bill's.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Many years ago, I worked for a guy who would routinely go into Kansas City to the Salvation Army regional center where they processed clothing for several thrift stores.
He had a standing order for certain suits, coats, shirts, ties, etc. They had a list of sizes, colors ... the whole nine yards -- in new or near-new condition, of course.
He would go back, like monthly, and pick up whatever they put together and pay a premium price. They made more than they would have in a thrift store and he always had professional clothing at a fraction of the price of buying it new, and it was high quality stuff, too.

I have considered trying to do that with thrift stores, but I've never found one that could tell a fur felt classic from a $1.99 Wal-Mart stingy-brim

It would certainly be worth it, if you could make it work.

I have to fight the paranoid belief that someone in the back room always takes home the best hats that go to the thrift stores.

Sam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe