Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New first vintage hat purchase

jtrenalone

New in Town
Hello,
I have enjoyed reading though this site. It quite interesting now that one can find a freindly board like this to research vinatage items.

I purchased my first vintage hat on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310189608360&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

From what I have seen, this seems to be a good price that I won it for, but would like any input from you all whether I got a good deal, and if this is a qualiity hat. I am hoping it is from 1950 or earlier. But I am new at dating these,
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Joel

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
As far as did you get a good deal...

Do you like the hat and are you happy with it?

If the answer to both is YES, then you got a good deal....

I have seen hats go for $350.00 and some for $10.00

A hat will sell for whatever the buyer is willing to pay. So with that said a good deal is something you are willing to pay and are happy with the purchase ....

And Welcome to the lounge and Hat Affliction.... :D

Duper

Practically Family
jtrenalone, I have paid more or about the same for very similar Dobbs hats on E-bay. Believe me, once you get into this new pass time you will wish all your hats cost $15.50 U.S. ;)

I typically pay more than that for the shipping on a new hat to Canada from the U.S. or Australia! :eusa_doh:

Welcome to a nice place. Hope you visit often.

jtrenalone

New in Town
Well...I have always wanted a few good quality hats, but have never considered buying used. But I picked up a great quality suit (high rise holywood style) dating from the late 40's off of eBay, so I thought I would start looking for hats.

I will see if I like this hat when it arrives. Sometimes the hats don't like me:)

Thank you for the welcome,
Regards,
Joel

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
jtrenalone said:
I will see if I like this hat when it arrives. Sometimes the hats don't like me:)

No harm in trying several until you find what suits (and fits) you best! ;)

jtrenalone

New in Town
Here is another questions.

What would the cost be for a new hat today of the same quality of the used Dobbs hat (in the first post above) that I purchased?

Thanks again for the posts,
Joel

cptjeff

Practically Family
jtrenalone said:
Here is another questions.

What would the cost be for a new hat today of the same quality of the used Dobbs hat (in the first post above) that I purchased?

Thanks again for the posts,
Joel

Probably around $125ish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe