Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

N-1 Deck jacket that won’t break the bank. Help!

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
RRL make a leather N1 also... this one will break the bank tho..

rrl-Dark-Brown-Shearling-trim-Leather-Jacket.jpeg

Colin G

One Too Many
Yes! I’ve never seen anything like it. It’s kind of an amalgamation of a barnstormer and N-1. Pretty sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just checked out the Y2 site. Nice stuff.

I think some of their horse hide gloves are in my future. So many cool jackets there also.

Reactions: jeo
I have a Houston N1, which is pretty nice for the price....and on the high street Levis are doing a nice one this season......could easily be mistaken for a more expensive brand.
https://www.asos.com/levis/levis-borg-collar-deck-coat/prd/6653987

Leather N1? Noooooooooooo, absolutely not.
The Levi’s jacket is nice. But in typical fashion, they did not release this repro of a US Navy jacket in its country of origin. Rather they provided 112 different versions of the same boring ass trucker jacket. But the case is closed for me. It’s a Pike Bros en route.

4444Design

A-List Customer
that's the pike Brothers Version

47kJ1Wf.jpg

which i find is pretty warm made from sturdy materials

this is a early "BOB DONG" which i purchased a couple of years ago when i was still living in China - Quality wise the early ones have not been as thick and sturdy as the pike-Brothers Version with a softer outter Shell

nE6G6yr.jpg

SDWXMdt.jpg

stencilling - off course - was not on the jacket when i purchased it

BRONSON

DghMIpE.jpg

HBQwtqT.jpg

another BRONSON but a higher "Evolution Level" so to say - the chinese manufacturers are able to learn and imporve more and more

Color as well as material are identical to NOS WW2 bibs which i hav ein my collection

7buMjO0.jpg

mCIDgw8.jpg

even the Fonts of the backprint are spot on

this is the ATF Version which was - compared to what i got from China - the worst / cheapest so far

OkIDxAc.jpg

erszgvq.jpg

another BOB DONG which i got about a year ago - sturdyness and Quality of material is on the same Level like my PIKE BROTHERS

5Hkgcio.jpg

2xpoHBr.jpg

and the blue/Grey Version of the same jacket

3oDVaEy.jpg

i never handled on of BR or RMC but so far was always satisfied with the chinese-Version i got

bottom line: if you'd go for a BOB DONG or BRONSON you get value beyond what you payed - skip for the ATF

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Hey, great write up and really nice collection. I received a pike bros this month and am really enjoying it. It’s a super wearable jacket and IMHO looks cool as All get out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun