Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Magill Fedora

StetsonHomburg

Practically Family
Hi,

I just went to a store I found (What's in store) that's in Calgary and I picked up this new fedora... This is my only hat that isn't a Stetson so I am pretty clueless about it right now.. Here are some pictures-

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
OK!

Yeah, the Holstein cow building over by Peter's. I stop there every time I am in town. I have never found a hat that fit that I also wanted, but they DO have a slew of 'em, eh? I have found a store over in Kensington that carries Magill, but they are too "high ticket" for me.
It looks good on ya', kid. You say it is new. What is the style/model?

StetsonHomburg

Practically Family
Rick Blaine said:
Yeah, the Holstein cow building over by Peter's. I stop there every time I am in town. I have never found a hat that fit that I also wanted, but they DO have a slew of 'em, eh?
It looks good on ya', kid. You say it is new. What is the style/model?
The Style is a 137W and it is in Nu Brown.... I was going to buy a really nice looking Knox Bowler but it was WAY too small!

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a Robert Hall that is made by Magill hats. It is almost 15 years old now and still looking good. Nice purchase.
Johnny

wrvavra

New in Town
johnnycanuck said:
I have a Robert Hall that is made by Magill hats. It is almost 15 years old now and still looking good. Nice purchase.
Johnny

I just picked up a Robert Hall, my first hat. Glad to hear that it will likely be fairly durable.

mycroft000

New in Town
I just picked up a Robert Hall, my first hat. Glad to hear that it will likely be fairly durable.

I would have to say fairly durable is a bit of an understatement. I bought a couple of Robert Hall hats in 98, and they've held up extremely well. I've worn them heavily and through two complete rebuilds due to a fair amount of abuse, first time admittedly my fault, and the more recent one from being improperly packed for the last two years and stored in the heat for two summers without my knowledge.

I just got one back from being rebuilt and it looks brand new.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
That's a nice hat, Stetson Homburg! In my opinion, you should keep the crease the way it is, but if you wanted to, you could experiment with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe