Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first Fedora - c/o Mr Art Fawcett

yookee

New in Town
180512_107892815951975_100001937726246_63273_7992763_n.jpg

In December, I posted on this board asking questions about a certain style of Fedora I was interested in. I have always said, if you want to do things right - do it big. Many of you pointed me the way of Art. I'm glad I did.

The Results:

I heed warning to you who are thinking of your first lid. Because no one told me what it would be like!!! I wore my first Fedora, and the reaction from strangers will require getting used to...but I love it.

It’s like being a “B actor” in Hollywood. Heads turn, they don’t know who I am but they look over. Take the hat off, no reaction..put it on, heads turn,..ITS CRAZEE, I tell you!

One night, I had three 20 something females ask if they could take their pictures with me ...they wanted pictures of my hat. I kid you not…

You should have warned me.... :p

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Get use to people coming up and saying they love your hat. It comes with the territory of wear a Fedora or anyother hat than a Baseball cap.
Looks great simple ribbon treatment looks great.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
180512_107892815951975_100001937726246_63273_7992763_n.jpg

In December, I posted on this board asking questions about a certain style of Fedora I was interested in. I have always said, if you want to do things right - do it big. Many of you pointed me the way of Art. I'm glad I did.

The Results:

I heed warning to you who are thinking of your first lid. Because no one told me what it would be like!!! I wore my first Fedora, and the reaction from strangers will require getting used to...but I love it.

It’s like being a “B actor” in Hollywood. Heads turn, they don’t know who I am but they look over. Take the hat off, no reaction..put it on, heads turn,..ITS CRAZEE, I tell you!

One night, I had three 20 something females ask if they could take their pictures with me ...they wanted pictures of my hat. I kid you not…

You should have warned me.... :p

Great! You two guys did a great job on the hat. It's working pretty well.

DRB

One Too Many
yookee : Hats are chick magnets! Excellent choice of color for your first. I have waisted over $3000 on hats that I have given away or sold for pennies on the dollar in my quest to find the perfect hat. It looks like you have the jump on me. Congratulations and welcome to the lounge.

fmw

One Too Many
You didn't fool around with the small stuff did you? ;) Very nice result. Congratulations. Nobody mistakes me for a B actor, however. I get looks from lots of people but, in my case, it is just curiosity. ;)

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Welcome to the Lounge Yookee & like I said privately, get used to it. As DRB already stated, hats, especially quality hats, are chick magnets but we don't mention that to our wives. It's all about function you see.....

Gama if I remember right it's 2 1/2". Yookee sent me a film clip to work from

Yookee,

Now you ARE the man, with that hat on. If I only knew 20 years ago what I know now, and could have been less bashful about wearing hats!

Oh, well, married on 18 years, wife loves me and my hats, so I can't complain.

yookee

New in Town
You didn't fool around with the small stuff did you? ;) Very nice result. Congratulations. Nobody mistakes me for a B actor, however. I get looks from lots of people but, in my case, it is just curiosity. ;)

Once I got past the "you're getting what...?" from the wife, I was home clear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe