Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEN of the LOUNGE

Edward

Bartender
Thank-you! That was that dj's first "proper" outing, actually.... previously, it has only been worn as part of a costume. Nice to get it a real airing!

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Yours truly at the get-together this last weekend in Arlington at Top 'O Hill Terrace, in a J. Peterman linen suit and optimo-crown Panama. Thought it came out reasonably vintage-looking:

1111023939_8827efad31_o.jpg

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Putting on my photographer hat . . .

Dominic said:
There is something special in these two pics. Can anyone guess what is it?

xx2.jpg

xx1.jpg

George Clooney is a friend of yours? It's either that or the shoes. :D

Sorry, I was just spit-balling.

Either way, four great shots: great lighting, mood and setting. Whoever took these for you is very good. When I saw the first two, I saw you as a yard boss at the luggage platform of a railroad depot. It looks like you're watching your guys, making sure they don't steal anything from the passenger luggage.

The second two - indescribable! I think they're great! Have you anymore like them?

Edward! You look great! You have a good look that works for just about anything. I always enjoy your photos. (Me, I have facial hair to break up the monotony of my face. :D)

I agree with Barry. You look great, Kevin! You dress very well, which really accents your look. Nice location, too. If I were your photographer I'd want more action, even if it's just putting your right hand in your pants pocket and looking to your left as if expecting a taxi to arrive. Maybe holding a pocket watch in your left hand, too. Experiment a bit. I'd like to see what you can do. (I like your avatar a lot. Great expression. :))

Lee

A picture is worth a thousand words, they say, but with pictures you don't need that many.

Edward

Bartender
Thank-you, Lee! I sometimes worry that the shaved head (alas, more necessity than style) prevents me from pulling off a true period look (after all, it's the accessories that, IMO, really make the difference and transform an outfit), but on the otehr hand, there must have been flamboyantly bald guys in earlier decades (there was at least Yul Brynner, lol ), and I suppose it's a look that is flexible, not being too tied to any one period. :)

Rooster

Practically Family
Atomic Glee said:
Yours truly at the get-together this last weekend in Arlington at Top 'O Hill Terrace, in a J. Peterman linen suit and optimo-crown Panama. Thought it came out reasonably vintage-looking:

1111023939_8827efad31_o.jpg
Hey AG sharp look! What color is that linen suit? I just ordered an ivory linen suit and hope it looks as good as yours.

Technonut

Practically Family
BJBAmerica said:
Great pics, Techno......Love the hat......Tell us more!!

Thanks! :) Tell more about the hat, or the flapper? ;)

The lid is pretty awesome... I found it in a antique mall in Lincoln City, Oregon last week.. :) It is a Dobbs Twenty that originally sold in a hat shop located in the Multnomah Hotel, Portland, Oregon years ago... It is a special find to me since I will be relocating permanently to Portland.

I find it interesting that the hat originally sold for twenty dollars.... The EXACT price I paid for it so many years later.....:D

Edward

Bartender
What about the shoes? I'm liking those. Consdiering a pair of white casuals myself - maybe a fifties style saddle-shoe in black over white...

patterson

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the kind words on the pic. Yes - Alaska is a great place to take a cruise. I was a little worried as I spent a summer in college on a salmon boat up there making money for school. Six weeks straight on the boat with nothing but salmon and 12 guys who never showered... I almost took a job on a crab boat - 4-times what I made on the salmon boat in only 4 weeks, but people and boats tend to "disappear" out there...:eek:

Here are a couple more pics of the trip...

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

Dominic

One of the Regulars
Originally posted by MrNewportCustom
Either way, four great shots: great lighting, mood and setting. Whoever took these for you is very good. When I saw the first two, I saw you as a yard boss at the luggage platform of a railroad depot. It looks like you're watching your guys, making sure they don't steal anything from the passenger luggage.

The second two - indescribable! I think they're great! Have you anymore like them?

Well, here are some little secrets; the person who took the pictures is me, thanks to mister Timer. And, the two persons in the picture are me and...me. ;)

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Dominic said:
Well, here are some little secrets; the person who took the pictures is me, thanks to mister Timer. And, the two persons in the picture are me and...me. ;)

That was my next guess. That's the truth. I looked long and hard before chosing the wrong answer. lol

You and Mister Timer make for a good partnership. :)

Lee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe