Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Mad Men" on AMC (US) - (Spoilers Within)

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Christy said:
Christina Hendricks looked stunning on her wedding day, but what else is new she's always stunning!

I thought Sunday's episode was good, I liked it. I was disappointed with Sal's situation, I really like that character, he's interesting. Also, the episode before last, I thought the whole Peggy and Duck thing was kind of strange, I definitely didn't expect it. I also wish that there was more Joan.

Yeah, I'm wondering how they will bring Sal back. I thought Don was pretty harsh with him - to me, he was basically saying, "One of our biggest clients hits on you, you don't turn him down." Blech.

So it looks like Don is back to his philandering and Betty almost decided to start an affair - but will she continue with it? I'm thinking not after the office scene with Henry.

Christy

One of the Regulars
Me too. I wonder where Sal was going at the end. For some reason I got the impression that he wasn't going to go home. I definitely didn't like Don's attitude about the whole thing either.

Of course Don's back to his affairs, sometimes it really disappoints me. For example, when he wrote that letter at the end of the second season, I thought "oh maybe he's going to give it a good try!" But in the first episode of the third season he sleeps with the flight attendant. :rolleyes:

I like Henry Francis, but I don't know if Betty will continue the affair or not, I don't think it's the last we'll see of Henry though. I also like Betty.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
you can do it Fonz!!!

Feraud said:
The shark has been jumped..
:rolleyes:

Jumping the shark thru BrooksBros? Nah. After all BananaRepub had a whole MadMen theme a few months ago. Besides, 'jumping the shark' has to be a moment on the show, not merchandising.

But I will concede that Pete running into Joan working at BonwitTeller was a shark jumping moment. I mean, if you dont already consider the whole grisly lawnmower meets foot scene a sharkjumper.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
MM BB

Doctor Strange said:

Interesting. Looks like the suit in this scene tho one is 2 button, and this scene is a 3 button.
3883064689_bde8f9e8d3.jpg

BTW, an article on the suits & shirts factory:
http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/10/13/942392

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
AmateisGal said:
Yeah, I'm wondering how they will bring Sal back. I thought Don was pretty harsh with him - to me, he was basically saying, "One of our biggest clients hits on you, you don't turn him down." Blech.

So it looks like Don is back to his philandering and Betty almost decided to start an affair - but will she continue with it? I'm thinking not after the office scene with Henry.

Firing Sal...wasnt it just a week or two ago that Sterling lectured that a big part of business comes down to " I dont like that guy...". And that was when Pete had pitched an opportunity in the 'negro' market to sell TVs. Maybe that moment in potentially offending a client was mean to set up the climate for when Sal would be dismissed.

Funny that no one got fired for the lawnmower...

I really wonder is Sal's story could be in for a suicide.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Method to the Madness

http://www.gq.com/style/blogs/the-gq-eye/2009/10/method-to-the-madness.html

GQ blog interview with JanieBryant

madmen1_h.jpg

Where do you get clothes like that? Not at the mall.
The show's clothes come in three ways. I design things, and then they're built from scratch—Brooks Brothers has actually built suits for us. Then there are vintage stores, and in L.A. there are also rental houses that are amazing resources. There are too many people in the cast, and it's not cost-effective to build from scratch for each. Every single background actor is fitted as well. Nobody walks around on the Mad Men set in their own getup!

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
MrBern said:
Firing Sal...wasnt it just a week or two ago that Sterling lectured that a big part of business comes down to " I dont like that guy...". And that was when Pete had pitched an opportunity in the 'negro' market to sell TVs. Maybe that moment in potentially offending a client was mean to set up the climate for when Sal would be dismissed.

Funny that no one got fired for the lawnmower...

I really wonder is Sal's story could be in for a suicide.

Hmm. Didn't think about the possibility of a suicide for him. Should be interesting to see what happens.

I also like the relationship between Don and Connie Hilton. "When I ask for the moon, I expect to get the moon." Wow. I think Roger is right - Don is in over his head with this guy.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I was going to post that cover but instead chose one with a more demure decolletage. A Lounge Lady once yelled at me for posting something similar.[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe