Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LADIES of the LOUNGE

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
Here's a "just for fun" image from my shoot with Compass Rose Studios.

l_ff6ba3b36fd2c907705b493ba950755a.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
gluegungeisha said:
Here's a "just for fun" image from my shoot with Compass Rose Studios.

That is fabulous--it looks so authentic--and you are gorgeous (did that eye makeup take forever, it's perfect)! I want one too!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nashoba said:
Lolita: Oh please :rolleyes: , as if you could look lame....ever.....

Daisy: Darling you look fantastic....Hemingway you must consider yourself incredibly lucky to get to spend your days so close to such a beauty :)
and Daisy....I -WANT- that black suit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That suit is freakin fantastic! I adore those details!!!!!!!

Hemingway keep up the great photography!

Thanks Nashoba:) You're a sweetheart!
The suits actually a Stop Staring dress. I got it over the summer at DaddyO's. They might still have it, or you can check to see if they have it on the Stop Staring website. It's really comfortable, but it runs kind of funny. Narrow in the hips and big in the bust. They have some great outfits for the fall!

Nashoba

One Too Many
Daisy Buchanan said:
Thanks Nashoba:) You're a sweetheart!
The suits actually a Stop Staring dress. I got it over the summer at DaddyO's. They might still have it, or you can check to see if they have it on the Stop Staring website. It's really comfortable, but it runs kind of funny. Narrow in the hips and big in the bust. They have some great outfits for the fall!

Oh no...the two most dangerous things to say to me....It's a stop Staring Dress and they might still have it....sigh....

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Thanks for the lovely compliments. I have never actually posted any pics of myself on the forum before in the entire 2 years that I have been here and was a little apprehensive to say the least so your kind words really have been encouraging.

Daisy you look lovely, I'm sure that looking gorgeous in temperatures that high would be a challenge to any girl but you make it look effortless. Ps- can I have your shoes please?

Gluegun that cover is great fun you look terrific.

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
imoldfashioned said:
That is fabulous--it looks so authentic--and you are gorgeous (did that eye makeup take forever, it's perfect)! I want one too!

Haha, the makeup took two full hours to apply. I actually looked very ghoulish in real life! I think the eye makeup was the easiest, especially since I'm one of those odd types who doesn't need fake lashes for a shoot. The lips were the hardest, and we had to mix a special color of lipstick to get that dark, 20's look.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
gluegungeisha said:
Haha, the makeup took two full hours to apply. I actually looked very ghoulish in real life! I think the eye makeup was the easiest, especially since I'm one of those odd types who doesn't need fake lashes for a shoot. The lips were the hardest, and we had to mix a special color of lipstick to get that dark, 20's look.

I was going to ask you what lipstick color that was--do you happen to remember the components of the mixture? The color just screams 1920s.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
BegintheBeguine said:
Beautiful, AllaboutEve! Worth the wait. And I must know the name of the lipstick color! ;)
Daisy, I love those shoes! And the straight hair!! Who know that wasn't a vintage dress? :)

Thankyou BegintheBeguine for your kind words. The shade of lipstick? well it's actually a colour that I wasn't able to find anywhere for love nor money, I was looking for that real pin-up pink and in the end heres how I got it.
I mixed my MAC Ruby Woo with my foundation, simple! but immensely effective. The foundation that I mixed it with was a very pale one - Alabaster by Clinique but it still maintains it's matt finish and covers very well. I would recommend giving it a go you can get just about any shade of true rose pink you want!

Also just wanted all of the lovely folk here to know that all of your compliments have really given me a major boost, I have been having something of a confidence crisis recently and I felt really lifted by your compliments today . Thankyou :)

AllaboutEve said:
Also just wanted all of the lovely folk here to know that all of your compliments have really given me a major boost, I have been having something of a confidence crisis recently and I felt really lifted by your compliments today . Thankyou :)
Then here's another to help get you over the top, noting that I don't say things I don't mean except the odd humorous (humourous?lol;)) wisecrack: If a pretty lady like you is single by any reason other than own personal choice, it means some guy in your area is being cruelly derelict in his duties. (To me, a pretty lady without a companion, except for by her own choice, is a crime against nature--a type of wrong I'd love a chance to make one of right someday...;) )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe