Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LADIES of the LOUNGE

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
WHOA!! RUBY! I had seen your new avatar and loved it.. but wow.. these are gorgeous, gorgeous photos!!
Part of me feels silly starting this at 37
I'm right there with ya sweetie!!

Katie yours is amazing as well.. you don't need a hat, you've got the little leopard on your lap, lol! Very pretty!

Little Ella is just a doll.

I thought the fellas might like to see the pics from the Transportation Museum in St. Louis~
871686085_e3cc461f67.jpg

and here's the rest,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/85469550@N00/sets/72157600953819269/
Nikki

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very nice pictures one and all.

Ohairas: I was especially interested in a couple of the pictures from the Transportation Museum, specifically the ones with the C-47 in the background. Do you happen to have any information on that plane? I noticed that the plane was painted with D-Day markings, and what really caught my eye was the "7J" designation on the fuselage. My Dad's C-47 was marked "4J" with "M" on the tail. He was in the 9th Army Air Force, 442nd/305th. They were stationed at Sedalia (sp?) air field in Missouri prior to leaving for Europe.

Anyway, the markings were interesting and caught my eye (as did the lovely lady in the foreground - of course).

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
rubyredlocks said:
Thanks Imoldfashioned!

Basically,just for fun.
I've toyed with the idea of pinup modeling as a creative outlet and I've been searching for my comfort zone.I really like how this set turned out and think that blend of vintage fashion with a hint of pinup thrown in suits my personality more.Part of me feels silly starting this at 37,but I know myself better now than when I was in my 20s.
Plus,it's not like I'm going to quit my day job!lol

No, I think you should feel proud! You look terrific. Lately I've been looking for glamorous vintage photographs of women over 35 and well, here's one! Inspirational! Thanks!

Tamamiko

One of the Regulars
I really ought to re-do my hair and put an outfit on with it, but here you go:
1940sme.jpg

Taken with my cell phone and edited with IrfanView.

AlanC

Here are a some pics my wife took of our elder daughters a couple of years ago (my wife made the hats in the first picture):

girlshats056le.jpg

girlssum051pn.jpg

girlschurchclothes3kf.jpg

Benny Holiday

Thanks Marc and everyone, yes Ella is adorable and quite the handful when she gets tired and cranky!

Alan, your girls are so sweet! Typical bloke, when Jenny found out she was pregnant of course I thought we were going to have a boy. I soon learned that there's a special magic about having a little princess to dote on, though!

Tamamiko, you have stunning features. As does Nashoba, Gluegungeisha, Ohairas . . . You are all amazing, and have such great style about you!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
[
girlschurchclothes3kf.jpg

Simply adorable girls--joy just radiates from them.

Slightly off topic but can you tell me the story on these dresses? They look like someone made them (I love heirloom sewing)--true or false?

Tamamiko

One of the Regulars
Thank you, Tom, ohairas, Marc, Benny, and anyone else I might have missed.

I'm not sure that I have any Hungarian blood in me, but I do know that I'm most definitely Scottish and Irish with a pinch of Cherokee.

AlanC

imoldfashioned said:
Slightly off topic but can you tell me the story on these dresses? They look like someone made them (I love heirloom sewing)--true or false?

I just consulted my children's wardrobe manager (aka, my wife), and she tells me the one on the left (on my younger daughter) is a Laura Ashley from TJ Maxx; the one on the right (older daughter) is from a consignment shop, but does have some handwork on it. My wife dresses the girls largely from consignment and thrift. She recently has started smocking, though, and doing some dresses herself. I got her a smocking pleater for Christmas.

Thanks for the kind words, all. It's hard not to show off my girls.

Nashoba, I understand your husbands concerns. My plan is simply to lock them in the basement.

Nashoba

One Too Many
AlanC said:
Nashoba, I understand your husbands concerns. My plan is simply to lock them in the basement.

lol. Yeah. His first thought was to sit on the porch in his cammies with his M-16. I told him even in my book that was a bit over the top. so he settled on they aren't allowed to date until they're 30 and he'll sit on the porch with a shotgun instead with his meanest warface on.
then again he also told me that if 'I get it right' on the first shot (meaning I have a boy) I don't have to have anymore kids. :rolleyes:

ShortClara

One Too Many
Hi ya'll. Some of the ladies over in the hair thread suggested posting here :) So, this is me in my first "vintagey" photo shoot goofing off, but trying to get cute pics for my website. So, without further ado...

DSC03893_R.jpg

DSC03858_R.jpg

and a larger of my avatar

DSC03916_R.jpg

I took much inspiration from this board - thanks everyone!

Flora

Familiar Face
Clara you are so beautiful! Love the red hair! Due to my dark features, hair like that wouldn't work on me, only my natural black. But, I can admire yours :D

epr25

Practically Family
Well I just found this. So I thought that I would add some. Be kind please.
meonboat.jpg
[/IMG]

Out boating last year.

mesmall.jpg
[/IMG]

After a vintage show. I was trying stand stills o my hat wouldn't blow off. Wind :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld