Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LADIES of the Lounge Calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyx

One of the Regulars
I didn't read the deleted post, so I'm not sure what it said, but I think going with Zaika's idea in the Men of the Lounge calendar thread is the best idea. She suggested everyone that's interested to send in pictures and NO ONE gets left out. No hurt feelings, no competitions. If enough people send in pictures, there will be enough for every week, or maybe even every day. No matter what you look like or how popular, you'd still get to appear.

And I think it'd be great way to really see all the people in the Lounge. We have so many "Meet the New People" threads in all of the lounges and pictures all over in different threads. This would be a great composite view of all the different folks in one place.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
nyx said:
I didn't read the deleted post, so I'm not sure what it said, but I think going with Zaika's idea in the Men of the Lounge calendar thread is the best idea. She suggested everyone that's interested to send in pictures and NO ONE gets left out. No hurt feelings, no competitions. If enough people send in pictures, there will be enough for every week, or maybe even every day. No matter what you look like or how popular, you'd still get to appear.

And I think it'd be great way to really see all the people in the Lounge. We have so many "Meet the New People" threads in all of the lounges and pictures all over in different threads. This would be a great composite view of all the different folks in one place.

However...much like all the threads...there will be valuable and contributing Lounge members who won't send in a picture. So it will be no more complete or composite then any other 'pictures' thread.

There are almost 7000 members here, yet the picture threads do not have 7000 different people represented.

nyx

One of the Regulars
Miss Neecerie said:
However...much like all the threads...there will be valuable and contributing Lounge members who won't send in a picture. So it will be no more complete or composite then any other 'pictures' thread.

There are almost 7000 members here, yet the picture threads do not have 7000 different people represented.

That is very true. But it doesn't hurt to try...:p

nyx

One of the Regulars
Lauren said:
Or there's some of us who wouldn't WANT to be in a calender...

I agree, because I probably wouldn't. I won't even put my own picture up in my avatar :)

But Zaika's idea mentioned "those that were interested." So if you didn't want to, you didn't have to.

I guess I'm just finding the dichotomy a little odd. The Men's Calendar thread seems very excited about the prospect, while the Ladies Calandar thread has quickly taken a down turn. I wonder why the difference?

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Well any way you look at it...

Its not an official calander until MK says yea or nay.....

so its just -another- thread asking people to post pictures....you can just send those to the persons who wish to have their screensaver be lounge people...or they can pull them -off- the picture threads.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I must agree with Kitty and Miss Neecerie on this one folks. This has bad idea written all over it. There are far too many members here to achieve such a tall order. Also, and please don't jump all over me for this for this is just my personal opinion, but I thought that the lounge wasn't the type of forum to do such a thing. Lets face it, the lounge is growing by leaps and bounds, and for those of you have been around a while, I'm sure that you can see the way this place has changed with it's growth. I'm not saying that these changes are bad, please don't take it that way. I'm just saying that yes with growth comes good change, but some things are better off staying the same. Ok, maybe I'm being a bit too cryptic here. Sorry, I'm having trouble describing myself. I guess what I'm trying to say is we have threads that show pictures of our members. They are fun threads and I enjoy taking part in them. But, lets just leave it at that. A calendar starts entering in the field of beauty contest, it could lead to potential hurt feelings. As Miss Neecerie stated, we have over 7,000 members, that's far too many for a calendar of any kind. Also, it is a calendar that would represent our forum, and there are a lot of active and helpful contributing members who might not want to be a part of it. Without those active and helpful members, it just wouldn't be an accurate description of our lounge. Just my two cents, this could get really messy....

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
nyx said:

Oh, I think there are ways to do it that make it fair and inclusive. I just don't like the idea of posts here listing the top people that you'd like it see in a calendar, which is what I was really objecting to.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
nyx said:
I guess I'm just finding the dichotomy a little odd. The Men's Calendar thread seems very excited about the prospect, while the Ladies Calandar thread has quickly taken a down turn. I wonder why the difference?
Not with me. Getting a picture of me is like pulling tiger's teeth. :rolleyes:
But I do have a pic here that I think is the definitive "Lady of the Lounge". I think she represents vintage beauty and refinement quite well. :)

vintagelady.jpg
[/IMG]

zaika

One Too Many
Daisy Buchanan said:
I must agree with Kitty and Miss Neecerie on this one folks. This has bad idea written all over it. There are far too many members here to achieve such a tall order. Also, and please don't jump all over me for this for this is just my personal opinion, but I thought that the lounge wasn't the type of forum to do such a thing. Lets face it, the lounge is growing by leaps and bounds, and for those of you have been around a while, I'm sure that you can see the way this place has changed with it's growth. I'm not saying that these changes are bad, please don't take it that way. I'm just saying that yes with growth comes good change, but some things are better off staying the same. Ok, maybe I'm being a bit too cryptic here. Sorry, I'm having trouble describing myself. I guess what I'm trying to say is we have threads that show pictures of our members. They are fun threads and I enjoy taking part in them. But, lets just leave it at that. A calendar starts entering in the field of beauty contest, it could lead to potential hurt feelings. As Miss Neecerie stated, we have over 7,000 members, that's far too many for a calendar of any kind. Also, it is a calendar that would represent our forum, and there are a lot of active and helpful contributing members who might not want to be a part of it. Without those active and helpful members, it just wouldn't be an accurate description of our lounge. Just my two cents, this could get really messy....

my whole intent of starting a calendar thread was just to play around with the idea of it (wasn't it diamondback's idea first??). nothing more, nothing less. it's fun to think about, design, be creative...but if it turns into something ugly...then i don't want any part of it. i'm very sad that it seems to take this turn...but it's all just for fun and not meant to be a business venture or a popularity contest. if that's the way it's going to go, forget it. :(

nyx

One of the Regulars
KittyT said:
Oh, I think there are ways to do it that make it fair and inclusive. I just don't like the idea of posts here listing the top people that you'd like it see in a calendar, which is what I was really objecting to.

I quite agree with that. Since I didn't see the post before it was deleted, I wasn't sure what the issue was.

In any case, I thought the calendar was a fun idea, but apparently many of the ladies don't think so, so I defer to your experience and wisdom. I definitely wasn't trying to start a debate. I enjoy the new faces threads too; however, since some people post in, say the Powder Room thread, but forget to do it in another area--I thought it would be a nice way to get pictures in one place. But, no matter really--the threads are just fine too.

And with that, I'll bow out of the discussion. :)

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Better to let each of us make "calendars" for ourselves. For instance, I can make my own calendar by choosing photos of certain Loungers -photos which have already been posted here- and then printing them out or saving them. After all, each of us have different preferences and different ideas about attractiveness. There's no reason why "the Lounge" should do something that each of us can do *better*.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
I know I am the odd broad out here, but if people are going to be hurt over a silly little calendar that is on the internet... then they need to turn off their computer right now and go out in the real world.

Seriously, why is it only the Ladies threads seems to turn into popularity beauty contests where there may be hurt feelings and people have to watch what they say? I never see the men's threads take this turn... even when there is fawning over particular men over others. Do the blokes just not care as much?

I mean really, everyone is just having fun, bouncing around ideas for a calendar, nothing serious and everyone is already getting up in arms (is that the expression?). It's make believe!

So what if a few gals aren't chosen as beauty queens... each of us gals have something either important to offer here or learn here. Some of us rule in the brain and knowledge departments, some of us rule in the beauty department, and some of us rule in the creativity department. Lucky for me, I rule all three... just teasing, folks. My point is, you can't always be the star of the show -- you got to get over it -- especially since this is THE INTERNET! If someone is going to feel hurt over this, that is their insecurities.

Stop being so sensative especially when this isn't even happening.

Ok... feel free to argue with me now and slam me. I am off and will return later.

zaika

One Too Many
LolitaHaze said:
I know I am the odd broad out here, but if people are going to be hurt over a silly little calendar that is on the internet... then they need to turn off their computer right now and go out in the real world.

Seriously, why is it only the Ladies threads seems to turn into popularity beauty contests where there may be hurt feelings and people have to watch what they say? I never see the men's threads take this turn... even when there is fawning over particular men over others. Do the blokes just not care as much?

I mean really, everyone is just having fun, bouncing around ideas for a calendar, nothing serious and everyone is already getting up in arms (is that the expression?). It's make believe!

So what if a few gals aren't chosen as beauty queens... each of us gals have something either important to offer here or learn here. Some of us rule in the brain and knowledge departments, some of us rule in the beauty department, and some of us rule in the creativity department. Lucky for me, I rule all three... just teasing, folks. My point is, you can't always be the star of the show -- you got to get over it -- especially since this is THE INTERNET! If someone is going to feel hurt over this, that is their insecurities.

Stop being so sensative especially when this isn't even happening.

Ok... feel free to argue with me now and slam me. I am off and will return later.

thank you Lolita for saying what i wanted to and meant to say...only better. so that means that you also rule in the literacy department! lol

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I guess I just dont -see- the difference between this and the standard 'show us pictures' threads....

since as Lolita rightly states, its not happening right now on any -real- basis.

I suspect that if people want to pretend that someone is the 'person of the day' or whatever....it can be done in the Ladies and Men...threads....just as easily as pretending that an actual calander might happen in another thread.

*note that this is my -personal- opinion and does not represent an official statment

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
zaika said:
thank you Lolita for saying what i wanted to and meant to say...only better. so that means that you also rule in the literacy department! lol

Bwhahaha I wouldn't go that far. I just reread what I wrote and I know I have many many grammical errors in there. Hahahaha

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Jack Scorpion said:
I cast the Yay vote.

I cast the oy vey vote.

Not everyone who posted their pictures intended to enter a beauty contest.

Personally I think it's just bad form (forum, too) to start discussing openly about who is the best looking. It's all subjective, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe