Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson Leathers Black Cherry Bison jacket

X83

One of the Regulars
Waiting for the fit pics for both!
Yeah once it’s all together I deff will sir I’m already cooking up ideas for next jacket but I think I have enough hardcore break in jackets anyone know if there is deer skin with heavy grain the one deerskin I have does have grain but not super pronounced

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Theres the Fujioka deerskin that has been used for garments,

IMG_1360.jpeg
IMG_1359.jpeg
IMG_1358.jpeg

kinda looks like grainy horsehides doesn’t it. I don’t know what the full size hides looks like. I have jackets from Japanese makers using this leather. Black isn’t quite black more like dark charcoal, and brown is sort of matte no horsehide shine. But wears like sweats, thick, soft, stretchy.

I’m still trying to figure out the best (economical) way to get these material. Sometimes timing is everything.

Also at some point I just gotta throw in the towel. Naked cowhides or oiled Moto chap leather tanned in California can look very similar if further washed and tumbled, and it’ll probably be easier than going through the process of sourcing these exact deerskin, so there’s that…

it’s shorts season now so I’ve got very little drive for jackets, but as soon as the first chilly day arrives I would probably wish for a Fujioka m200L haha…

X83

One of the Regulars
Theres the Fujioka deerskin that has been used for garments,

View attachment 623414 View attachment 623415 View attachment 623416

kinda looks like grainy horsehides doesn’t it. I don’t know what the full size hides looks like. I have jackets from Japanese makers using this leather. Black isn’t quite black more like dark charcoal, and brown is sort of matte no horsehide shine. But wears like sweats, thick, soft, stretchy.

I’m still trying to figure out the best (economical) way to get these material. Sometimes timing is everything.

Also at some point I just gotta throw in the towel. Naked cowhides or oiled Moto chap leather tanned in California can look very similar if further washed and tumbled, and it’ll probably be easier than going through the process of sourcing these exact deerskin, so there’s that…

it’s shorts season now so I’ve got very little drive for jackets, but as soon as the first chilly day arrives I would probably wish for a Fujioka m200L haha…
Wow super interesting the way I’m looking at it is put In an order by end of August and here comes October lol

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Yeah despite going for the shrunken horsehide I did not feel that Johnson's 'standard' hides were any lower in quality or character. I think the standards are what they are for a reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88