Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson Leathers Black Cherry Bison jacket

floater

New in Town
Nice, I’m currently scouting for one but they’re soo scarce

I’ve been trying to get pics and measurements from the few shops that stock it but most are sold out, so if things start looking grim at least now I know theres this route to consider

And if you don't mind me asking, whats the time & money ballpark numbers for a project like this with JL?

Last edited:

X83

One of the Regulars
Nice, havent seen that model but I recognized the hide/stitch combo (vintage brown buffalo) as I’m currently contemplating getting their barnstormer or trying to make my own with JL

I still have a shot at a new one in my size, and I really like the matte finish and matching stitching combo on their red/black color as it makes the graining a bit more subtle, but these japanese shops are not that easy to deal with and I wouldnt risk buying it blindly as I’ve already seen how much the graining and panel arrangments change between jackets, some look pretty good, some look like works of art, others just look ok by comparison and some have noticiable small to medium scars (particularly in the back)

So yeah been trying to get pics and messurements for the past week but if things start looking grimm at least now I know theres this route to consider

And if you dont mind me asking, whats the time & money ballpark numbers for a project like this with JL?
Your are looking at 3 months and depending on hide and add ons 1500-1600

floater

New in Town
Your are looking at 3 months and depending on hide and add ons 1500-1600
That’s not bad at all, thanks!

Considering the low stock numbers that brand produces it’s highly likely I’ll try them out sooner than later cuz I was also considering getting their little wing and having the collar redone to a smaller jacket type collar cuz I think that jacket also looks really good but I just can’t work with big collars

X83

One of the Regulars
That’s not bad at all, thanks!

Considering the low stock numbers that brand produces it’s highly likely I’ll try them out sooner than later cuz I was also considering getting their little wing and having the collar redone to a smaller jacket type collar cuz I think that jacket also looks really good but I just can’t work with big collars
I was looking into it and well you never know what you are going to get size wise and that would be incredibly difficult to return so Jl they make all my jackets spot on i choose color hide and everything else

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1