Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

VansonRider

A-List Customer
Just won this beauty from a Swedish vintage-site, It's from a Swedish brand called Whyred, and seller said it was a prototype that never made it to production. The jacket is modeled after a Swedish military jacket "Motorjacka m/1954"(please correct me here if I'm wrong). Been after a real one for a while as I personally love the design(and I may be a biiiit biased haha).

It's a size 38 and no measurements from seller so it's a shot in the dark, but I paid like 30 dollares for it so worth the risk!

View attachment 646367 View attachment 646368 View attachment 646369 View attachment 646370
The Swedish Dispatch is one of my all time favorite designs! I have a Hein Gericke and a Vanson version and they’re both awesome.

I’ve gotten good at getting in and out of pullover styles so I up’s the degree of difficulty with an unlined Jo-o-kay. I love this style.
IMG_3308.jpeg

VansonRider

A-List Customer
I have the Vanson. However, the Hein Gericke is an underrated jacket. For the price, it is hard to beat them both. If in a cold day, you can heavily layer on those two.
The HG I have closes with two hook and eyes, and a clip and eye at the waist. Three inner buttons up the center. Three outer buttons for the double breast, two toggles at the shoulder, and an adjustable slide hook at the neck.
My wife has accused me of deliberately making things more difficult to appease my ADHD, and she may have a point…

And since this is the “what jackets do you have coming” thread, I should admit I snagged that 48 Vanson Swedish on EBAY just today. The one with some damage at the waist by the lacing.

I’ve also got a California Leather Creations cross zip on the way. It looked heavier than their usual offerings, and it shipped at 7.2 lbs, so I’m hoping for a nearly 7 pound jacket.

I also most recently picked up Vanson Teton.
It is Too Big.
Looks like Costanza’s puffer coat from Seinfeld.
I’m deciding if it’s worth sending to Vanson for alterations, or if it needs to be released into the wild. The Teton is their four pocket touring coat, and I have a Barbour International and it totally works a little oversized. The Teaton, not so much. Maybe with some tailoring and a belt…

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymatmar