Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
IMG_4104.JPG

58panheadfan

One Too Many
These two arrived from Switzerland today. Shipped on Monday, arrived on Saturday!

I believe you have met both jackets through their previous owner. @58panheadfan

I will have some fun comparing these beauties to some vintage jackets.

Thanks to @58panheadfan
for an easy/pleasant transaction

View attachment 644861

The thanks goes back @tmitchell59 and I am very happy the jackets have found a good new home. I am looking forward to comparing them with your vintage leather jackets.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
What should I infer from this?
The top (wearer's) right corner of the chest welt pocket is about 1.5" above the armpit.
The Cafe racer jackets usually have higher chest pocket positions but the Highwayman designs have lowered the chest welt pocket location. I can take a photo of my cafe racer when I get home to show its chest pocket location in comparison.
It depends on what you're trying to make, a scooter jacket with bottom band or an Aero highwayman type jacket. I have both. My cafe racer has the higher chest pocket like your RW jacket, but my highwayman has lowered chest pocket. I just happen to wear my RC Highwayman today and it is basically a 1940s cut of the Aero highwayman which I keep saying they should do one but they don't so RC it is.

IMG_4944.jpg
Edited

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
florianflow