Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

3.14nche

A-List Customer
CXL #8 is an itch I had to scratch
Aero Bootlegger
1728718462900.png

1728718516069.png

newtojackets

Practically Family
It had to have been a project for sure but yeah, it's doable. White leather like this is quite common, there's a lot of usage for it. If the patches are stitched through the lining, then that's a sure sign they were an afterthought. But even if the stitching is hidden under the lining, it just means the alteration was done with more care. You'd get to the inside of the jacket through the sleeve anyway.

The stitching on the patches looks slightly bit less precise than on the rest of the jacket, thought but that doesn't mean much.

I'm guessing it was done to hide a stitch holes from an earlier patch. Makes no sense to have patches there, otherwise.

The jacket fits you outstandingly in my opinion. It accentuates your shoulders by adding bulk while still looking trim, not boxy... I don't know, I really like this jacket on you. Worth altering the hem, if it bothers you.
Just to follow up on this- do you think I could remove the patches? Or is it better to leave them on to hide what I’m assuming will be a lot of stitch holes?

Herrvallmo

New in Town
Just won this beauty from a Swedish vintage-site, It's from a Swedish brand called Whyred, and seller said it was a prototype that never made it to production. The jacket is modeled after a Swedish military jacket "Motorjacka m/1954"(please correct me here if I'm wrong). Been after a real one for a while as I personally love the design(and I may be a biiiit biased haha).

It's a size 38 and no measurements from seller so it's a shot in the dark, but I paid like 30 dollares for it so worth the risk!

575715917_04f412c6-d1e6-4618-b05d-ca45985df7f9.jpg
575715917_2c47c30a-f686-49f8-9ba0-df91b55b2f19.jpg
575715917_668e36c9-5bab-4a4f-940f-8f82f9ef4f36.jpg
575715917_acc45246-de50-488e-89a8-0bf4a50b338c.jpg

Last edited:

Bawheid

New in Town
Schott 575 unlined waxy cowhide delivery jacket. Colour is "Rust".

Size is US "L" or large. I hope it fits me as a Schott in 44" is perfect for me off the rack.

just scored this from ebay Australia for $450 AUD , one careful owner. About $300 USD

Hoping to use it as a summer motorcycle jacket , should be "cooler" on hotter days.

Is there any love for this jacket on the Lounge ?

I can't seem to find much on a search.

Photo is a stock photo from the web as it hasn't arrived yet.

Also can't find info on the Schott website , and I assume it's a discontinued model.

They do list a Schott 582 unlined jacket , looks VERY similar
Schott 575 unlined waxy cowhide 1.jpg
Schott 575 unlined waxy cowhide 2.jpg

Last edited:

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Edit 2: To be fair, many Highwayman copies have high chest pockets (even Aero's own) like the RW jacket. But I personally like the lower chest pocket like the first Aero. I don't mind the higher chest pockets for the Cafe racer type three pocket jacket or half belts, but the Highwayman design needs to be lower chest pocket imo.

Left to right, Aero 50s Highwayman, Aero premiere Highwayman, Aero Sheene-Man, Simmonsbilt Tailgunner, Field Leathers Highwayman, Colimbo, Rainbow Country, Real Mccoys
View attachment 645186

I only have the first jacket and the two Japanese jackets now, because their lowered chest pocket. The Sheene-man is on thin ice but I love CXL so that's why it's still hanging around in the Cafe Racer section but not in the Highwayman section.

My best advise is, shorten the pocket bag (yes it will make the pocket almost useless) and lower the pocket by an inch.

The top (wearer's) right corner of the chest welt pocket is about 1.5" above the armpit.
The Cafe racer jackets usually have higher chest pocket positions but the Highwayman designs have lowered the chest welt pocket location. I can take a photo of my cafe racer when I get home to show its chest pocket location in comparison.
It depends on what you're trying to make, a scooter jacket with bottom band or an Aero highwayman type jacket. I have both. My cafe racer has the higher chest pocket like your RW jacket, but my highwayman has lowered chest pocket. I just happen to wear my RC Highwayman today and it is basically a 1940s cut of the Aero highwayman which I keep saying they should do one but they don't so RC it is.

View attachment 645180
Edited
totally agree I like lower chest pocket that is closer to the center zip rather than closer to the armpit.

newtojackets

Practically Family

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Averroes