Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

KBlake

One Too Many
Sheeley Monarch
IMG_3273.jpeg

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
By stacking a coupon on top of a sale I had a pure camelhair polo coat coming for almost half price...

Only to get an email saying that my order can't be fulfilled because they were out of stock at the warehouse.

Manolito

Familiar Face
1727602476254.png

Just received my Valstar A1 suede sandal (=rust) "Valstarino" jacket, that they produced since the 1930s.

The tag informs that the leather is from India, but according to the blurb on Valstar website, it is tanned and treated in Italy, and the jacket is made in Milan.

It is the "light" version of the Valstarino, with only a light viscose lining.

The leather is very light, way lighter than the Schott USA or Aero Leather suede jackets I've owned. Lighter than the Levi's Made and Crafted / Levi's Vintage clothing suede jacket I own too. It is clearly one of the lighter leather jackets I own. It is more a summer jacket to me than a spring/autumn jacket. I guess the wool lined version of the Valstarino is way thicker.

The color is beautiful, the way it catches the light is great, the touch of the leather is super sweet, the look of the suede is super clean and regular. It has the repuration to be the "most beautiful suede in the world" and it is reaaly nice ofr sure. The stitching is perfect. On the fabrication point of view, it is certainly very high quality.

The fit is surprisingly slim. I am 38 US/48 EU, and this is a 48 EU. According to Valstar website, the measurements are on spot compared to other jackets I own (18 inches for the shoulders, 21,5 p to p, 25 inches for the sleeves and back lengths). But It feels tighter. I Think it is because it is quite tight around the waist and, although I am not an obese person (183cm for 73kg), I tend to have a rectangular torso. So it fits alright around the chest, but tight around the belly. I guess it is the fit of the jacket to be rather slim as it is 1930s style (like the classical Baracuta Harrington G9 that you have to buy one or two size up to be comfortable !).

I paid it really cheap (250 €, and it is in very good condition) so I guess I could sell it for the same price easily and try to find a 50... We shall see. Anyway, it is already too cold in Paris France to wear it as we are having an anticipated winter cold weather !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rand S