Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Decent fit for everyone else; not so good for your standards.
Yeah I have, had and sold better suede’s no doubt. It’s one of those horse shoe jackets that I can’t figure out if it’s close enough or not. Wearing it…it feels big so it’s likely going to eBay. Already licking wounds with a denim 70’s Penny’s type 3. I have jeans from this era. “Plain pockets”. It’s great stuff.
IMG_6953.jpeg
IMG_6954.jpeg
IMG_6955.jpeg

Bawheid

New in Town
Deus Ex-Machina jacket. I have just recieved this jacket , new with tags
Sold new by The Deus Ex machina store in Sydney Australia.
I got it on ebay Australia
Lovely soft leather, lovely leather aroma, Well made and nicely lined
Downside ? tag says "genuine leather" and made In India
Looks to me like perhaps a copy of a Lewis leathers jacket commissioned by that Sydney store.
Upside ? Cost 149.95 Australian dollars delivered to me.
That's about dead on $100 USD
What do you guys reckon to it ?

Attachments

• Deus 5.jpg
    Deus 5.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Deus 4.jpg
    Deus 4.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Deus 3.jpg
    Deus 3.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Deus 2.jpg
    Deus 2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Deus 1.jpg
    Deus 1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 38

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I have two leather jackets coming in the dead of summer! Masochist! Both from Montgomery Ward.

The first one is a very low-end but fun-looking 1970s piece in excellent condition. Only $25? Sure, okay, I’ll bite!

IMG_2580.jpeg

IMG_2581.jpeg

IMG_2582.jpeg

The second is my fist proper investment piece. Not sure why this steerhide Windward lingered so long on eBay - maybe there’s something wrong with it that I’m too much of a newbie to notice? It is a female size (20) but I can’t see anything about it that’s different from a male jacket and the measurements provided fit me so I made a fair offer and now it’s on its way. My first leather from a “classic” brand.

IMG_2583.jpeg

IMG_2584.jpeg
IMG_2585.jpeg

The interior is what first caught my eye - very inviting!
IMG_2586.jpeg

Happy summer folks. If you’re like me, you’re counting down the days till jacket season…. (over on the hat side we call it “fur felt season”, but I am slowly converting… ).

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Might be a boys jacket, judging by the absence of back gussets? A women's jacket would have had the zipper to the opposite side.

A boy’s size would make more sense to me and I didn’t think of that. I was also wondering about the absence of an action back. I have no idea about boy’s sizes - if this is correct, then a 20 must on the XL side.

The seller didn’t provide shoulder measurements so that’s the one worry, but it’s free returns anyway.

(Edit: I did some research and there isn’t a lot of definitive information about child’s sizes - all the charts are pretty random about how they size things but they do all agree that sizes 18 or 20 are the largest sizes. So yeah, I think this is a child’s jacket. Will be interesting to see what it’s like. Thanks again for the info - if I had known this prior to, I probably would not have bought it so maybe it’s good I didn’t know - I was wondering why it wasn’t selling when it was rather inexpensive.)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg