Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How long does it take Aero to produce a jacket? Confirmation process is taking a very long time

onstar

One of the Regulars
Aero states on their website - 10-12 weeks. Has anyone gotten it in shorter time frame? I am hoping to get it before Thanksgiving.

Im emailing them on the confirmation, but it is taking forever. Seems like it is 1 email a day. Would be much quicker via phone.

MrProper

I'll Lock Up
Aero states on their website - 10-12 weeks. Has anyone gotten it in shorter time frame? I am hoping to get it before Thanksgiving.

Im emailing them on the confirmation, but it is taking forever. Seems like it is 1 email a day. Would be much quicker via phone.
I think my fastest was 6 weeks. But with the amount of orders in the sale, I think it will be more than 12 weeks. It takes as long as it takes. We can't influence that.

Faux59

Familiar Face
Im emailing them on the confirmation, but it is taking forever.
Why is it taking forever? That's usually a result of the customer not finalizing everything. That 10-12 weeks is from the day you confirm the order with their customer service. It's not from the day you ordered the jacket on their website if you didn't know.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Thurston is still taking orders for October production so it isn’t impossible to get your jacket before Thanksgiving in November. It will depends on a bunch of different factors. What is the order status in your account page right now? If your order has been confirmed and awaiting production, and that all material are in stock, then I see why not for November delivery. Once the status gets to cutting or awaiting machinist then it’s very quick.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I will never wait for a jacket for Aero. If I am waiting for a big maker, I will take my man from Greece. For those who live in America, is hard to beat our friends from SF and NY. Besides, I rather keep my funds in the US. Lastly, I will first buy from a member at this forum than any other selling options. Members here are golden to me. It is interesting how some jackets have been cleverly rotated in this forum (and other, perhaps). I had a Scottish jacket that came from UK then it went to Canada then Australia and ended up in S. Cal. I ended getting up from this S. Cal fine member here. That jacket made it to Australia before I did. LOL.

onstar

One of the Regulars
Why is it taking forever? That's usually a result of the customer not finalizing everything. That 10-12 weeks is from the day you confirm the order with their customer service. It's not from the day you ordered the jacket on their website if you didn't know.

Confirming my order is dragging on and on. Like 1 email a day. I would prefer the old fashion way via phone...

onstar

One of the Regulars
Thurston is still taking orders for October production so it isn’t impossible to get your jacket before Thanksgiving in November. It will depends on a bunch of different factors. What is the order status in your account page right now? If your order has been confirmed and awaiting production, and that all material are in stock, then I see why not for November delivery. Once the status gets to cutting or awaiting machinist then it’s very quick.

Does Thurston get priority?
It is 99% completed, just waiting for them to email me back, 1 email a day. Would much prefer if it done over the phone.

Observe

One Too Many
Looks like this isn't your first thread about the wait. Aero's lead times, even now with the deluge of sale orders, is still relatively quick compared to some other custom options out there.

Technonut

Practically Family
patience.jpg

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
It sounds like getting it by a specific time is important to you. If this is the case, then call them. I have called them before to give my Visa for payment, their Scottish English is a bit different than North American English but no issues communicating. Get your order sorted through the call or go to plan B.
FWIW, my Aero orders on average had faster than industry normal turn around time, with the exception of the shearling jackets, they seem to take much longer than the regular leather jackets for some reason.
Most of the issues I see here on the forum can be resolved with a simple phone call.

zebedee

One Too Many
My Aeros have taken 2, sometimes 3 months. That's not too long. I'd rather it take a while and be done correctly.

This is similar to a post in Nov 2023. Aeros have always taken about 2-3 months as long as I've been a customer (which is 15 years). Rarely, they're quicker.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1