Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hey!... Are you popular?

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Big Man said:
Are the thoughts/actions portrayed in the film clip reality for 1947, or are they what the producers/sponsors of the film want reality to be (if that makes any sense) ?

My mother was that age at that time and living in northern Wyoming near the Little Big Horn.

According to her, there were a variety of people: catty, kind, cruel, patient, shy, outgoing--about the same as any other time and place. There was a girl who got around, whom my mom didn't hold a high opinion of.

Kids went to dances, rodeos and skating on the creek.

The date book reminded me of my mom's sister. She double-booked herself one day and decided to keep the date with the first guy to show up. They eventually got married.

My dad was about the same age and in the same place. To him, a lady didn't even smoke.

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Foofoogal said:
this would be nice but not a reality. everyone judges something every day. just different criteria. Judge where to live, who to hang with, what job you take., who you want your kids to hang with. etc.

You are taking my statement out of context. I said "anyone" not issues. [huh] [huh]

If it makes you happy I will not hang out with Jen any more. I kicked her out of my car and told her she was too old for me. lol lol lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe