Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any good tan cowhide oil leather jackets? budget - unlimited

sougey

New in Town
This is not what I’m saying…

Our unanimous point about fit isn’t that you won’t know what fits well or badly until it’s worn in. It’s that the nature of leather means customization generally doesn’t help; a well developed and established pattern is much more important.

I don’t have experience with Y2 or Double Helix but they’re quite expensive for an experiment. Furthermore most Japanese jackets tend to fit poorly especially on non Japanese physiques so keep that in mind as well.
oh I see so you really shouldn't get a custom fitted jacket unless nothing fits you, mb I didn't realise what you were trying to say even though it was right in front of me. In that case arn't standard japanese sizes normally very weird (big shoulders, flat chest) or will those jackets just break in to fit my body measurements after wear I definitely don't want it to look weird could I not just get the best of both world's(established patterns, good fit) by going to a tailor and getting them to build me a jacket?
I just want it to fit perfectly man

sougey

New in Town
Y'2 Steer Oil, Camel color

They also use this steer oil leather in their other models. Just search. I've seen this leather used on quite a few of their core models.

Like this one,

Or you can just get the western shirt one and put a zipper in yourself. This way you get both the Mad's jacket look but also zipper function. I've had zipper put in my Type III trucker jackets and they work very well. Edit, like this, https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/what-jacket-are-you-wearing-today.82949/post-3100960
bruh ur right the shirt was available in camel from y2 there just weren't any picture I'm stupid lmfao ty for telling me this I can't believe I didn't see this this is exactly what I wanted ty bro

Last edited:

MrProper

I'll Lock Up

jchance

One of the Regulars
oh I see so you really shouldn't get a custom fitted jacket unless nothing fits you, mb I didn't realise what you were trying to say even though it was right in front of me. In that case arn't standard japanese sizes normally very weird (big shoulders, flat chest) or will those jackets just break in to fit my body measurements after wear I definitely don't want it to look weird could I not just get the best of both world's(established patterns, good fit) by going to a tailor and getting them to build me a jacket?
I just want it to fit perfectly man

JP jackets have small shoulders for the Asian men’s smaller frame size. Their chest measurement is usually 2 sizes too small compared to the tag size. People usually have to size up by 1-2 sizes, but even then, the shoulders still wouldn’t fit the typical American/European frame.

It’s worse if you drop $2k or more on a JP jacket that doesn’t fit but is hard to sell in America/Europe. The clientele for those jackets is in JP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust