Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HERITAGE grade Akubra Campdraft in Silver Belly Campaign

TiltRotorFlyer

One of the Regulars
The dream is dead? Come on fellas! I think we can get 88 orders for them on here! We just have to convince them to drop the 62+ size requirement. Maybe if we all e-mail Ron again, he will liase with Akubra and we can still get this done. We can't let this go so easily. I cancelled my order for a Mid Brown CD and transferred my deposit to this hat.

TiltRotorFlyer

One of the Regulars
Wrote another e-mail to Hats Direct in an effort to keep this going:

Hi Ron/Jenny,

I am writing in the hope that you can still place the order for a Heritage Quality Campdraft in Silverbelly. I am convinced that we can get the 88 orders required through the Fedora Lounge. The 48 orders for a size 62 and up is unfeasible though. I do not follow why this is a requirement. Can you please petition Akubra to reconsider this? If you can I am sure you will have 88 orders in VERY short order! Please advise soonest and I will let the fellas on Fedora Lounge know the results of this effort. Many thanks indeed!

TiltRotorFlyer

One of the Regulars
It appears that our endeavor isn't dead in the water according to the response below from HD:

The 48 hats needed in the size 62 and up is required by Akubra - as they have a minimum number (48) for a dye run and because the larger hats use a heavier weight felt for the hoods, this large number is needed.
Our biggest problem here is storage, however we could solve this by getting Akubra to just make the felt hoods for the larger sizes and hold them for us, until additional stock is needed.
It does look like there is enough interest in the Heritage Quality Campdraft in Silverbelly for it to go ahead, a few more tentative orders would be great if you could get them though.
I'm hoping that we can get things rolling soon and have delivery in May/June.
I hope this answer your question and puts your concerns at ease.

Place your orders! I hope to have mine by the end of June!

Last edited:

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
So I emailed about getting a 61 cm model and their issue is those needing 62cm they need to get 48 orders in that size and above to place that batch of Hats. Thanks for getting the clarification on the hats.

Hat Girl

New in Town
Hi Guys, Your request isn't dead in the water, I've just got off the phone to Akubra and they are happy to make up the hat bodies in the larger sizes, but only make up the quantity we need at the moment (about a dozen). So we are good to go, I'll send everyone an email regarding your order shortly. We have an order going into Akubra on February 25th for delivery in May.

I've also requested a supply of edging ribbon for the Silverbelly for those of you who want to trim the brim size down on your hat. We can't offer a narrow brim for a few of you, but this should be a good compromise. Hope this news brings smiles all round for you.

mflemming

One of the Regulars
Brilliant! Thank you Jenny!

OK guys, on the theory of "always push your luck until something breaks", what do we do for an encore???

Last edited:

KyleK

One of the Regulars
Email sent! Love the extra ribbon for trimming option.

This is fantastic - kudos to those who are making it happen - the Heritage felt on my Banjo Paterson is easily the nicest out of any modern hat I own.

TiltRotorFlyer

One of the Regulars
Mid-Brown CD in Heritage....but what would be better is if they created the same CD line up in the Heritage quality altogether, much like they did for the Fed IV. I would purchase one of each!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe