Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HERITAGE grade Akubra Campdraft in Silver Belly Campaign

jkingrph

Practically Family
Count my number in for the Mid-Brown - 46 to go - good luck

What do we mean by a Mid-Brown. I have an Adventurebilt in brown and do not want another in that dark of a brown. I have a Banjo Patterson in Heritage Fawn and like that color.

A lighter shade of brown would be good, would it be anything like the taupe fawn? I looked through the hat's direct hats and colors and could not find a mid brown.

What do we mean by a Mid-Brown. I have an Adventurebilt in brown and do not want another in that dark of a brown. I have a Banjo Patterson in Heritage Fawn and like that color.

A lighter shade of brown would be good, would it be anything like the taupe fawn? I looked through the hat's direct hats and colors and could not find a mid brown.

For this run of Heritage grade Campdrafts, only color we've cleared with Jenny of Hats Direct is Silver Belly.

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
My order is in, just sent. Size 62. Now I patiently wait! I've read about a mid brown with a wider ribbon; that sounds good too! What do some of you think about the mid brown, wider ribbon with a little wider brim binding??

Viktor

One of the Regulars
My order is in, just sent. Size 62. Now I patiently wait! I've read about a mid brown with a wider ribbon; that sounds good too! What do some of you think about the mid brown, wider ribbon with a little wider brim binding??

If there were any interest a custom mid brown would probably be a campaign of its own. According to Jenny a minimum of 48 orders will make it happen.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Got to admit...I'm pretty stoked about the Heritage Camp Draft. I haven't bought a new hat in forever. I think the last hat to come live with me was the vintage Open Road the county paid for...however long ago that was.

AF

jkingrph

Practically Family
I just read up on the Fed IV and discovered that they run a half size small (per the Hatsdirect site). I understand the Fed's smaller size is due to the old blocks Akubra uses to make that hat. Still, I wonder if the Heritage Camp Draft would be sized the same as the Imperial one. I guess they would be made on the same blocks (?), so there would be no reason for the sizing to change significantly(?). The reason why I wonder is that I'm dang close to a size 62 anyhow, and if the Heritage ran any smaller than the Imperial, I could be one of the size 62 ordersAF

I e mailed Hats Direct yesterday and Jenny replied that the Campdrafts ran true to size, and suggested that I stay with the size I had been wearing.

Picker

One of the Regulars
My order is in.
You know, when this campaign is accomplished, we should put our heads together and design and order a special "Fedora Lounge Fedora" styled to our specifications and have Akubra make them and put a special "Fedora Lounge Limited Edition" or something similar on the sweatband. Jenny, think about that from a Hatsdirect standpoint.
Picker

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My order is in.
You know, when this campaign is accomplished, we should put our heads together and design and order a special "Fedora Lounge Fedora" styled to our specifications and have Akubra make them and put a special "Fedora Lounge Limited Edition" or something similar on the sweatband. Jenny, think about that from a Hatsdirect standpoint.
Picker

Maybe a big challenge. The main thing we don't have around here is, agreement on hats.

Maybe a big challenge. The main thing we don't have around here is, agreement on hats.

From all the chatter in this thread, it seems if you would have a Campdraft body then allow the user to specify brim width, ribbon color & size for both edge binding & hat band you'd meet a lot of taste. Sort of roll your own so you could specify a Whippet looking config or a thin ribbon. Sort of what another hat site does with Beaver Brand lids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe