Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HERITAGE grade Akubra Campdraft in Silver Belly Campaign

mflemming

One of the Regulars
:arated:

MOONSTONE CAMPDRAFT of ANY grade!!!

Grays are not really my colors but if we can make it happen in Heritage I'll buy one just to support the team.

Mid-brown I would jump at, especially in Heritage.

I just emailed Jenny to say that if it is a Campdraft in Heritage, put me down for a 57; I don't care about the color, they're all good.

Last edited:

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I just read up on the Fed IV and discovered that they run a half size small (per the Hatsdirect site). I understand the Fed's smaller size is due to the old blocks Akubra uses to make that hat. Still, I wonder if the Heritage Camp Draft would be sized the same as the Imperial one. I guess they would be made on the same blocks (?), so there would be no reason for the sizing to change significantly(?). The reason why I wonder is that I'm dang close to a size 62 anyhow, and if the Heritage ran any smaller than the Imperial, I could be one of the size 62 orders.

AF

I just read up on the Fed IV and discovered that they run a half size small (per the Hatsdirect site). I understand the Fed's smaller size is due to the old blocks Akubra uses to make that hat. Still, I wonder if the Heritage Camp Draft would be sized the same as the Imperial one. I guess they would be made on the same blocks (?), so there would be no reason for the sizing to change significantly(?). The reason why I wonder is that I'm dang close to a size 62 anyhow, and if the Heritage ran any smaller than the Imperial, I could be one of the size 62 orders.

AF
They probably only have the 1 set of Campdraft blocks for sure but 1 thing to consider is the Heritage felt may not continue to felt like the Imperial does. I know my new CD's have tightened up a good bit over the initial fit. I'm going with my standard Akubra size just the same.

Gromulus

Practically Family
I have two Banjo Paterson Heritage quality hats and they "shrunk" the same as my Imperial models. I wear a size 60 and always have to add one felt strip when I first receive the hats. After wearing a couple of months I remove the felt strip and have a perfect fit. My latest hat, a BGCD, has been the sole exception. I needed two felt strips when first received. I can probably pull one out now after a month or so.

mflemming

One of the Regulars
In anticipation of a major photo thread in the hopefully not-too-distant future, I have finally broken down and purchased a digital camera.

Last edited:

TiltRotorFlyer

One of the Regulars
I realize that we don't even have our hands on the Heritage grade Campdraft in Silverbelly yet (or placed the orders for that matter), but I was thinking about the possibility of adding another color to the batch of felt they are making into the Silverbelly Campdraft. I fired off another e-mail to Hats Direct and asked about the feasibility of producing one in Mid-Brown. I suspect there would be some interest here for this color as well. I am not a hatter but I would venture to guess that if they are already producing the felt for the Silverbellies, it would only be a dye change to make some more in the Mid-Brown color. Anyway, I wanted to take an informal poll among the men here to see how many of us would/can spring for another Heritage grade Campdraft in Mid-Brown? Any takers?

TiltRotorFlyer

One of the Regulars
Again, I know we haven't even received the Heritage grade Silverbelly yet but I just received an answer from HD. It is possible to get the Heritage grade Campdraft in Mid Brown if we get a minimum of 48 orders in sizes 55-61. I am definitely getting the Silverbelly and will buy the Mid-Brown if I can get 47 partners!

T Rick

Practically Family
Back to the Heritage felt Camp Draft in Silver Belly, what do I need to do to get on the list? Love one in 57. Do we have a rough idea on price yet? Really want to order a Silver Belly CD in the near future, so I hope this can be pulled off soon!

ETA: Sent an email to Ron requesting the SBCD in Heritage grade, size 57, as per the initial post in this thread.

Last edited:
Back to the Heritage felt Camp Draft in Silver Belly, what do I need to do to get on the list? Love one in 57. Do we have a rough idea on price yet? Really want to order a Silver Belly CD in the near future, so I hope this can be pulled off soon!

Go to first post of this thread & read the "Quote" portion of it. Price is expected to be the same as a Heritage Federation IV or Federation IV Deluxe.
Jenny from Hats Direct is monitoring the forum now & will reply to emails when orders can be placed.

T Rick

Practically Family
Go to first post of this thread & read the "Quote" portion of it. Price is expected to be the same as a Heritage Federation IV or Federation IV Deluxe.
Jenny from Hats Direct is monitoring the forum now & will reply to emails when orders can be placed.

Thanks, I did just that after posing the question (when will I learn? :rolleyes:). Email sent!

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Well I received the order email tonight and here is a copy of the email:

We are now ready to go ahead and order the new Campdraft in Heritage Quality Felt. We have specified the smoother finish as per the Federation Deluxe IV. The price of this hat will be $AU173.50 plus shipping (via Air Mail for $AU38.10 or via EMS Courier for $AU59.90).

Delivery of the new hat is expected to be early May, 2011. If you would like to secure your order for this hat. Please use the secure link below to provide us with your shipping and credit card details.

https://hatsdirect.com/order-form.html

It will help us to get the numbers right on our initial order and not run short of stock, as it can take up to 90 days for new stock to come through, after the initial order has gone through. It also prevents disappointment on your part, if we have a run on a size we did not anticipate.

As these will be firm orders, we will take a $AU50 deposit at the time the order has been placed, the balance will be charged at the time of dispatch.

Best regards,
Jenny Nethercote

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe