Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hello, new here!

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Indycop
I saw that there was a hat shop in St Aug...from their website...they look like a pricey place...but it will be fun to stop by there and browse.
Great to have you here!
Colby Jack

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
Colby I was up there a couple of months ago ... they actually have an okay selection for as small as it is. Mostly Panamas (of course), but some felts and several models of Tilleys

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
Indycop
I saw that there was a hat shop in St Aug...from their website...they look like a pricey place...but it will be fun to stop by there and browse.
Great to have you here!
Colby Jack

The hat I posted in the show your straws is from there. They definitely are a little pricey though!

carter

I'll Lock Up
Welcome aboard, indycop, pull up a chair. The lights are low, the music's mellow, the fellow behind the bar makes a nice whiskey sour, and you can always find a conversation if the gal beside you moves on. Stick around 'til closing time. Someone will get the lights.

Carter

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
indycop said:
Hello! I wanted to ask you, since your the only other one I've seen with a black federation so far, if you have noticed if its any hotter than your other color feds? I wore mine out in the heat today and I didn't notice it being hot. Maybe I wasn't in the heat long enough or maybe its just thinner and cooler than my PB.

Fatwoul is right, scientifically speaking. I find no major difference with colors and heat unless I'm in the direct sun. Then, lighter colors will help reflect some of the heat energy. I read somewhere that black was a good color to wear in the jungle, while white and tan were best for the desert. My experience has supported that idea so far.

That said, if it's hot, I'm not going to wear a felt hat, even if it's white. Heck, some straw hats are too warm for me when the temp gets into the 90's! But if you can handle felt in the heat, I doubt that black will make a big difference.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Not-Bogart13 said:
That said, if it's hot, I'm not going to wear a felt hat, even if it's white. Heck, some straw hats are too warm for me when the temp gets into the 90's! But if you can handle felt in the heat, I doubt that black will make a big difference.
I would wear my straw but my 7 year old daughter told me that it didn't look good like my fed because the brim was too short!

Bogie

One of the Regulars
Hey Indycop!

Welcome to the Fedora Lounge!

You'll find this place quickly addicting...

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Bogie said:
Hey Indycop!

Welcome to the Fedora Lounge!

You'll find this place quickly addicting...
I see that! I haven't even broken in my new akubra and I'm wanting another one. After looking around I'm really thinking about an akubra bogart or stylemaster. Not to mention an indy straw from PB, or a panama! I haven't even gotten my camptown yet! Yep it may not be a hobby, must be addicted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust