Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

RickP

A-List Customer
Your lovely compliment has had the lady going all bashful on me, thank you very much indeed. This is one of my shirts that I like to wear to military themed events. At first glance it seems like run of the mill camouflage. Look again, can you see silhouettes of pin-up girls?
View attachment 617444

Now if you think that raises eyebrows, some years ago Tina and her friend got into wartime burlesque. Risque it is, but out and out crude and vulgar, not really. By the way, by getting into burlesque Tina wanted to make you aware that she styled the performer's hair in a 1940's fashion, just in case you might have thought that it was her up there on the stage. And I had a shirt made to go with the evening's events.

View attachment 617445
It truly is a one off, Tina had the design screen printed.
Everyone needs at least one loud pinup/ hula/ burlesque shirt! lol
Compress_20240529_175808_8700.jpg

shopkin

Familiar Face
Not the most flowery nor colourful Hawaiian shirt, but it's the best I have right now.

The Mayser Panama Fedora is, however, tip top :cool:
The flashy ones with bright colors are way out of style now. Check out the Reyn Spooner collection for example. That's a nice hat.

You guys have gotten me interested in hemp.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
new trousers gamboa hat 003.JPG

Today will find us at https://www.facebook.com/ClassicCarsOnTheProm/ Classics on the Quay at Christchurch. The MG has been suitably polished and is ready to pose in the sunshine. https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/vintage-cars.8212/page-16
Before that though, we shall be scrubbed up and presentable for church. I like to wear a collar and tie for church. Afterwards I shall get changed and wear the Aloha shirt. On the way to Christchurch we will stop off at The New Queen, https://www.thenewqueen.co.uk/ a lovely, family run, pub and restaurant. There I shall book a table for later after the classic meeting has ended.
Chances are that the MG will get photographed more at church and the pub than at the classic meeting. The car draws lots of interest, but at the classic meeting where there's a huge variety of classics, it's our attire that seems to get more attention, not that I could ever upstage our lovely old MG.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
The hat and hatband compliment that shirt a treat. It certainly does brighten up any morning. Just fabulous.

shirts and co 011.JPG

Inspired by that, I have gone maroon today. This shirt really does make a statement.
Actually I stole that line from an admirer, who said: "Oh wow! Does that
shirt make a statement, or what?" "Can't argue with that," I replied.

Hats & shirts 006.JPG

RickP

A-List Customer
Perhaps someday, somewhere, somehow a bunch of us should meet up at a nice patio bar and make that part of the world a little brighter with a bunch of distinguished gentlemen wearing nice hats and some of these georgous shirts!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
shirts and co 009.JPG

In other threads I have told about Tina's astute perception and how more than one colleague at work was unnerved by her prediction. She was known as: "The Witch." A reputation that she enjoyed playing on. Her career was that of a paramedic in the ambulance service.

One evening, at the ambulance station, a charity barbecue was held, fancy dress was encouraged. I could show you Tina's witch costume but I like to ask permission and she's out at present. So what would a witch's husband wear?

When she came across this fabric there was only ever going to be one answer. Her colleagues loved it.

aloha 165.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB123