Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Stay cool and be safe folks.

Yesterday afternoon I enjoyed some Stella Artois pilsner. This morning I have enjoyed some cold brewed Costa Rican coffee and a breakfast beer. The Surley Saber Tooth Tiger is a hop forward American IPA.

i-bM6wDCQ-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric. -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
This weeks heat was wearing me out.

A cool Surley Hell Lager on an evening was a treat.

i-5wdGGwp-M.jpg

A late night Omni pilsner hit the spot. Late night was the "only sane" time to be outside IMO mid week.

i-dj37xnQ-M.jpg

Thursday evening the heat was abating and a Guinness was my celebratory beer.

i-JRLpZwP-M.jpg

Friday ended with a trip to the Minnesota State Fair with some work mates. Beer tasting was enjoyable. A pickle beer was my winner of the many options.

i-XTLfqdW-M.jpg

Home from the Fair I wished for a "normal" pilsner tasting beer. A Surley pilsner hit the spot.

i-9Kv2G3d-M.jpg

This morning I enjoyed another Surley after picking up a side of beef for us and the neighbors.

i-Kdq6Xw3-M.jpg

i-jrcBzGH-M.jpg

I opened another when I changed to get the grill going.

i-z5qf8DD-M.jpg

The temps today have climbed to 70'f by 1:00pm. Wow! The cooler temps find me enjoying being outside. I hope you folks are too enjoying some cooler weather.

Cheers, Eric. -

Last edited:
^^^Eric, you remind me of a quote from the funny papers attributed to Dagwood Bumstead, “You can’t teach people to be lazy, they either have it or they don’t.”

HH brought a few KC Bier Co Festbiers, a Vienna style lager, under an Optimo on this cooler day. 5.5% ABV.

IMG_7844.jpeg

IMG_7843.jpeg

IMG_7845.jpeg

IMG_7847.jpeg

Truly amazing tastes German brewmasters can bring out of a little yeast. Southern baked bread or brown biscuits with a touch of butter & honey, followed by a slight tart or bitter aftertaste.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
This summer it has been my practice to start the grill for breakfast or in preparation for an afternoon feast. Continuing that practice this morning I started the grill in preparation for some beef short ribs. I am enjoying a Modest Brewing Co pilsner. This Minnesota brewed beer is a golden easy drinking pilsner. It has an oak smell, but a smooth Pilsner taste with a crisp finish.

i-FRK6tP6-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric. -

This summer it has been my practice to start the grill for breakfast or in preparation for an afternoon feast. Continuing that practice this morning I started the grill in preparation for some beef short ribs. I am enjoying a Modest Brewing Co pilsner. This Minnesota brewed beer is a golden easy drinking pilsner. It has an oak smell, but a smooth Pilsner taste with a crisp finish.

i-FRK6tP6-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric. -
Great pic Eric, depth of field is perfect too.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Great pic Eric, depth of field is perfect too.

Thanks Jack. I have been recently reading a book on how to use my camera (Sony RX100 VI with editing on my Iphone).

Yesterday afternoon I enjoyed a Deschutes Hazy to celebrate the start of a couple of days off.

i-LdXjC7N-M.jpg

I have been succeeeding at my New Year's Resolution of reducing my coffee consumpsion to 9 cups of coffee each day. This morning I enjoyed one one of those cups. This morning Volcanica Costa Rica single origin was my choice.

i-FxSx4fv-M.jpg

This morning I enjoyed some Surley Supreme with a breakfast of Oatmeal and toast on the deck. I have a "TO DO" Llist, but my time today is my own. I drink a morning beer because I can and I am enjoying it.

i-NvrxMdv-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Thanks Jack. I have been recently reading a book on how to use my camera (Sony RX100 VI with editing on my Iphone).

Yesterday afternoon I enjoyed a Deschutes Hazy to celebrate the start of a couple of days off.

i-LdXjC7N-M.jpg

I have been succeeeding at my New Year's Resolution of reducing my coffee consumpsion to 9 cups of coffee each day. This morning I enjoyed one one of those cups. This morning Volcanica Costa Rica single origin was my choice.

i-FxSx4fv-M.jpg

This morning I enjoyed some Surley Supreme with a breakfast of Oatmeal and toast on the deck. I have a "TO DO" Llist, but my time today is my own. I drink a morning beer because I can and I am enjoying it.

i-NvrxMdv-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
That is a really nice little compact zoom.

HH spent with a few Dos Equis Lagers, some chips & salsa, then later the best skillet of Chori Pollo a man can have. No room on the bar top for a Ritch Rand Tom Horn. It’s been cool enough today that I was in the mood for a black hat.

IMG_7891.jpeg

Then home for a few pours of Siete Leguas Blanco Tequila & continue watching Lonesome Dove streaming on Tubi.

IMG_7893.jpeg

IMG_7895.jpeg

IMG_7894.jpeg

Lots of maintenance contractors here from out of town to work thru the holiday shutdowns. Always stimulating conversations during HH.

After a hot afternoon it’s time to go back to felt. I chose a Knox American Royal Arminto clone with some KC Bier Co Feistbier for such conversations.

IMG_7973.jpeg

IMG_7974.jpeg

IMG_7976.jpeg

IMG_7972.jpeg

Then home to break out some Dalwhinnie 15 yr old Single Malt Whisky to start this long holiday weekend.

IMG_7990.jpeg

IMG_7992.jpeg

IMG_7991.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Early morning visit with my neighbor on his dock found me enjoying a Surley Saber Tooth Tiger. It is a fruit forward with a strong hop taste. For a warm 78'f (26'c) morning it was delicious.

975268CE-05AE-487B-9301-ED8B93FA4997.-M.jpg

Home again I opened a Surley Supreme to start grilling a pork tenderloin. Our charcuterie plate this afternoon should be tasty. It is a light,easy pilsner to drink with a tart grapefruit finish. A grand warm weather beer.
Cheers and stay cool, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1