Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gustin Jeans Selvage Denim made in SF

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I bought a flannel last winter that was exactly my size but felt a bit restrictive. They're definitely made for guys in their early twenties. I'm thinking seriously about the Luxire shirts for this winter, as I noticed they have some really beautiful tartans for about $70.00.

casechopper

Wearing my Blue/Blacks for the 2nd time today. I really like the feel and color of these.
IMG_6399.JPG
IMG_6400.JPG
IMG_6401.JPG
IMG_6402.JPG
IMG_6404.JPG
IMG_6403.JPG

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Case, the jeans are nice, the Gustin jean craze has kinda passed me by.. But that Diamond Dave jacket was a great score!, fits you right on point.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Boyo, it's almost a part of Lounge membership now, get on board. The Japan one three is a bargain start, but there are a couple of others there that are nice if you're game! ;)

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Sloan, my apologies for being vague. I do have a few pairs of Gustins.. (Actually modeling a fit pick on the first page of this tread) but although the price is great and the denim selection is unique, I've moved on to other options. Kinda Like obsessing about stitch counts on A-2's, lately I've been geeking out on the details of sugarcanes and Roy's

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Sloan, my apologies for being vague. I do have a few pairs of Gustins.. (Actually modeling a fit pick on the first page of this tread) but although the price is great and the denim selection is unique, I've moved on to other options. Kinda Like obsessing about stitch counts on A-2's, lately I've been geeking out on the details of sugarcanes and Roy's

Ha! Apologies. Sugarcanes were something that interested me for a while, but I couldn't get past the price of them over here. I quite fancied some of Naked and Famous' stuff, but I've come to the conclusion that they use the same denim mills as Gustin, so that one's a no-brainer.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I want a pair of ROY`s. But they are all sold out. And he doesnt seem to use the cool leather patch anymore :D And i wonder how they really fit. But still...wow.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Does anyone have any input regarding the Gustin Super Heavy? The gustin website describes it as 18 oz. and "super soft even when raw so it's actually a pleasure to put them on." Comments anyone?

I have a pair of the super heavies. The weave is pretty loose so they are indeed pretty flexible from the get go. They feel a bit like thick sweatpants- if that makes any sense.
I tend to prefer the heavy Japans which are tighter weave and stiffer.

casechopper

I also have a pair of super heavies that I've worn quite a bit during the year or so that I've had them. They are loose weave and aren't as stiff as other fabric options that I've tried. They fit comfortably. Due to the loose weave they do seem to unravel more than tighter woven fabric when a thread breaks.

The color is very dark with a lot of white weft showing through due to the loose weave. They lose color at a pretty average rate (not super fast faders but definitely fade over time).

They've held up well and I like them but I don't know that I'd buy them at the new higher price (they were significantly cheaper a year ago).

Photos of mine from a couple months ago:
IMG_5122.JPG

IMG_5123.JPG

IMG_5114.JPG

IMG_5115.JPG

IMG_5117.JPG

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
Delivery guy has just left package...No customs or handling charges...yippee...gustin classic16s...1st impression..great denims....wee bit tight but I'm sure they will stretch out.a class above my favourite jeans...freddies 1940s.....&cheaper too....result:)

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I noticed the Okayama is on the board again. At this time I believe the Okayama is my all time favorite denim and at the price point offered is a bargain.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I can't make up my mind between the Okays and Zimbabwe. The former offer the best bang for the buck, but the Zimby's are by far the most wearable and comfortable jeans I own. That said, I would recommend Gustin's umbers to anyone looking for a non-blue denim.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
I sold my Okayamas because they were so similar to the Zimbabwes. They feel slightly different but look identical. No reason for keeping the Z's over the O's, other than I thought the Z's may age/wear better over time due to the hype of how great the cotton is supposed to be.

I also received my 101s yesterday. I think Gustin is really hitting their stride with the 16-18oz denims.
Now, if I could just fit my wallet into my pocket everything would be perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe