Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

German & Austrian Hutmachers

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Steve, Richard and Mike, thank you very much!

Fastuni, thank you for the tip!

Garret, fantastic Wilke. That is the beauty from Paddy.
Does he fit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Garrett, Great to see it arrived safely! It's a beauty! The felt color is really unique. I think I see hints of gray and green. Is the ribbon a shade of blue?

This is an amazing film! Thanks for finding it! As I mentioned in the Borsalino thread this is from G. B. BorsalinoFu Lazzaro & C. (the other Borsalino). This is probably the earliest film (1913) on hat making. Again amazing!

Last edited:

yttclothing

One of the Regulars
Ok not German or Austrian but I though unusual European might as well see if anyone one knows anything

I have not had deliveries for ages so I went to our carboot (flea market) this morning and there was one solitary hat its was 25p so I bought it the felt is good but damaged, i really bought it because the sticker was interesting and I didn't recognise the words, anyway it is Hungarian! Has anyone come across a Hungarian hat brand?

12876153393_7693edc2c5_b.jpg

12876051515_e5a44f4229_b.jpg

12876469144_92751c23a9_b.jpg

Glad the Wilke arrived safely and fits ! Gah-lee I wish my head was smaller!

Really fantastic! Looks to be in great condition. This is the first Italian market JHS that I have ever seen. Can you make out what is between J and V on the paper label? My guess is 1930s.

ofcoursemyhorse

Practically Family
It's halfway cut off but it looks like its 1799

And thank you, yes it's in just about perfect condition, it doesnt look like theres any moth damage and the sweatband isn't dried out at all.

The only issue is the ribbon bow is untacked on one side, but that's a very easy fix.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe