Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Forbidden items in my home...

Edward

Bartender
I have to endure those movies at the inlaws, but not here!
Great response James.
I have a history of choir, concert choir actually, but even with that I've never found a need to sing an answer or question either.
Talent shows aren't allowed in my house. Well they are, but my wife watches them on her computer. Her favorite is America Has Talent. As I've explained to her, I don't mind you watching them on tv, but I only have so much time here, I'd rather not burn it up on a program like that.....:p
Reality shows fall into this category although we are suckers for Celebrity Rehab. Some of the past participants are on our favorite weekly show The Smoking Gun Presents The World's Dumbest...we can't quit watching it!

I find all of Simon Cowell's shows very educational; whenever one comes on the television, I switch it off and reAd a book.

rue

Really? Me too! Just today, I met a girl named Maria.

Are we living in West Side Story now? :p

But when would you have cause to use it........:cool:

I can think of a few times :p

I also break out in song. Occasionally dance too.

Yeah, me too. Every time I watch a Fred Astaire movie. I'm sure it happens to everyone,...right??

I was serious... I break out into song and dance all the time [huh] Sometimes, I'll grap my daughter and dance with her lol

I usually wait until my wife allows a replacement window salesman in and locks the door..then I rush to get into full costume...

Don't get me started on those people :mad:

Oh, I remember those days. Waking up with frost on the inside of the windows on our old 1800s farm house, which I've traced back to at least 1873 now lol

Which reminds me.... no one trying to replace my hundred year old windows is allowed in my house.

I had a person on, not on my friends list, on a social networking site message me and tell me my hairstyle belonged on West Side Story lol
Are we living in West Side Story now? :p

Oldsarge

One Too Many
Don't be, it's true. I remember an Army class where the final graduation ceremonies included a slide show of all the great views of the U.S. accompanied by "I'm Proud to be an American." Guys, when it ended there wasn't a dry eye in the house from the newest Pvt Tentpeg to the most senior CSM. I still start to sniffle whenever that song plays . . .

Bluebird Marsha

A-List Customer
Another voice in support of the softy SGT's of the armed forces. I had a Special Forces CSM as an instructor in ROTC. On at least one occasion (admittedly, alcohol was involved) we had the poor guy bawling after we started going on about how much we worshiped the ground he walked on. I think there were some times he cried out of sheer frustration with us, but I don't think those were tears of happiness:)

Despite the primitive production values and the sometimes over the top acting, I've always loved the early musicals from between 1929 and 1932 -- if anything, in my opinion, they had better songs than later musicals. For some reason it was the MGM musicals from the late '40s, early '50s that I was never crazy about.

[video=youtube;BwEvNOi_c3g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwEvNOi_c3g[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun