Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

TLW '90

Practically Family
I bought these footskins moccasin boots 2 years ago.
20220801_124437.jpg

On my feet they're the most comfortable thing I've ever worn, the most supple pliable 2.5mm thick leather I've experienced, like foot gloves really.
Under the foot proved to be a bit of a different story though, the problem with these moccasins is that there's no shank and the soft foam rubber heeled outsole began to bow in at the arch once they were broken in.

I eventually stopped wearing them after getting my Jim green Vellies and they sat in my closet.
recently I decided to resole them, so I ordered some vibram wedges which arrived this weekend and I got the 2nd boot finished last night.

20240930_133450.jpg

20240930_133624.jpg

The only complication was having to open the toes so I could lock stitch my glued on midsole, but they were very quick and easy to whipstitch back up just like they were originally.

Overall I'm happy for only my 2nd resole, they definitely came out better than my 1st and would not seem off to anybody who just looks down at my feet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocette59