Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit Check Thread

TartuWolf

One Too Many
I'd recommend clearly stating the maker, model, size, maybe measurements, your body info. That way this thread also becomes a searchable database for reference.

Would also ask to put some effort on your side in terms of taking pictures properly in decent lighting and from various sides/angles, preferably by someone else or using a timer. 0 effort 1 pic mirror selfies are not fit checks.

Tuck your shirt so that we can clearly see the length, do both open and zipped unless you plan to wear unzipped exclusively. Wear pants that you will actually use with the jacket, not home sweatpants/shorts.

All of these are just suggestions for this thread to have the highest quality.

newtojackets

Practically Family
Picked up this jacket recently from a fellow lounger. I think the fit is great, what do others think?

I also have a question- at the bottom of the jacket the hem skirts out slightly. Is this something that will stop happening as the jacket is broken in or will this always be there?

IMG_6741.jpeg IMG_6755.jpeg IMG_6775.jpeg

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I think that flare is built into the jacket and is there to stay. Your jacket (which looks fantastic) appears to be a slightly longer half belt. I think the makers add a little flare into the bottom of longer jacket as many of us start to widen a bit below our waist. My waist is a certain measurement, but if I measure 3-4 inches below my waist, I'm about 4 inches wider around due to my hips/butt. I hope that makes sense.

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
Looks like the intended design of ther jacket to me. A lot of my jackets have a little kick out at the bottom which I really like. The fit and how it looks is great in my opinion - really cool.

newtojackets

Practically Family
I think that flare is built into the jacket and is there to stay. Your jacket (which looks fantastic) appears to be a slightly longer half belt. I think the makers add a little flare into the bottom of longer jacket as many of us start to widen a bit below our waist. My waist is a certain measurement, but if I measure 3-4 inches below my waist, I'm about 4 inches wider around due to my hips/butt. I hope that makes sense.
Yes that makes sense! It’s actually not a very long jacket, only about 24 inches, but yes I understand the reasoning.

I have another jacket which is the exact same length and a fair similar pattern, and it has not flair, which is interesting

Picked up this jacket recently from a fellow lounger. I think the fit is great, what do others think?

I also have a question- at the bottom of the jacket the hem skirts out slightly. Is this something that will stop happening as the jacket is broken in or will this always be there?

View attachment 618779 View attachment 618780 View attachment 618781
A half belt should flare at the hem. That’s what they are designed to do. This looks like one of the better fits I’ve seen you post. All my halfbelts are cut this way and if they didn’t, they wouldn’t be halfbelts in the traditional sense. Jackets with waist adjusters are not halfbelts IMO. Few examples:
IMG_3411.jpeg
IMG_8395.jpeg
IMG_2975.jpeg

IMG_3481.jpeg
IMG_9388.jpeg

newtojackets

Practically Family
One more from me:

I love this jacket. The leather is great, construction is great and the design is super unique. However the fit is very boxy. I get that this is the design which is why I am coming to the forum for advice (as this is not the silhouette I usually go for). Can I pull this off?

IMG_6592.jpeg IMG_6606.jpeg IMG_6616.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6616.jpeg
    IMG_6616.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11

newtojackets

Practically Family
A half belt should flare at the hem. That’s what they are designed to do. This looks like one of the better fits I’ve seen you post. All my halfbelts are cut this way and if they didn’t, they wouldn’t be halfbelts in the traditional sense. Jackets with waist adjusters are not halfbelts IMO. Few examples:
View attachment 619041 View attachment 619043 View attachment 619044
View attachment 619047 View attachment 619048
Really useful illustration, thank you

bigmanbigtruck

One of the Regulars
One more from me:

I love this jacket. The leather is great, construction is great and the design is super unique. However the fit is very boxy. I get that this is the design which is why I am coming to the forum for advice (as this is not the silhouette I usually go for). Can I pull this off?

View attachment 619049 View attachment 619050 View attachment 619059
I would not call this "very boxy". It may feel that way relative to the close-fitting look you usually go for.
My preference would be a little more length for the waistband to hit the belt-line; it's not visible due to your tshirt, but I think the jacket may land above or in the middle of it.

Overall, I think it works tho and you landed yourself a solid two-tone trojan. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB123