Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

blm14

A-List Customer
some of those jackets are bonkers. There's a blue brooks that I would snap up in a second if it was a little longer and a little cheaper haha

blm14

A-List Customer
this guy's stuff is KILLING me
s-l1600.jpg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
BLM14 - it is an awesome collection, and this fellow is a typical collector. Looks like it's all pretty recently added to ebay, so find a few that you know would fit (or at least come close) and watch them. Ask the seller some questions, re-check dimensions, etc, details about the jacket. See if he makes you an offer, then when you think you have found what really would be a great addition to your collection, make him an offer. Least he can do is decline. Many of these folks start high, but at their core, just really want to sell off some items. worth a try, at least.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Interesting early Hercules wool lined. This was made by the earliest producers for Sears. I have yet to determine the maker though I have an idea. This jacket is among the last of the wool lined. Distinctive by the full Kidney panel, c.1950. I have one like it in Green interior also a size 46. this was the biggest size they sold and very difficult to find. I do question the D pocket zipper at first glance.

About a year ago, I communicated with the lady who is selling the jacket. I did notice the zipper and the way it was installed. My plan was to remove the zipper, install a period correct talon. However, the lady would not allow me to see the jacket in the flesh (She nearby). I did like the jacket, but I moved on.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
About a year ago, I communicated with the lady who is selling the jacket. I did notice the zipper and the way it was installed. My plan was to remove the zipper, install a period correct talon. However, the lady would not allow me to see the jacket in the flesh (She nearby). I did like the jacket, but I moved on.
Yes, this jacket has been advertised in the past. You agree that zipper is not original. I have a theory on the maker, Blatt of Chicago. these early Sears wool lined went through some changes in their short life. I will post more details in the Sears MC thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigdog42