Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I find this to be a particularly beautiful Y2 for an okay price ($720). The LS-15 doesn’t seem to pop up often - there are a few on eBay but they aren’t nearly as attractive as this one, imo (and they are more expensive).

I’d probably buy this guy if I were home.

IMG_3374.jpeg

IMG_3375.jpeg

Last edited:

cbez

One Too Many
I find this to be a particularly beautiful Y2 for an okay price ($720). The LS-15 doesn’t seem to pop up often - there are a few on eBay but they aren’t nearly as attractive as this one, imo (and they are more expensive).

I’d probably buy this guy if I were home.

View attachment 635832
View attachment 635833

Actual listing, 400

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Oh hell yeah - $400! Thanks!

I’m still not buying it though. I won’t be home for months yet. Besides, I have no idea which button is even the purchase button.

A $300 markup is an awful lot, it’s true - but all that Japanese is really very daunting.

Last edited:

dinhnguyen57

Familiar Face
Here is a John leather jacket for cheap, $150:

Custom Made Leather Jacket
Made @ Johnson Leathers in San Francisco
Hardly worn
Men’s Size 40

dinhnguyen57

Familiar Face

Schott NYC Perfecto 519 Leather cowhide jacket​

$415

Well cared for Schott Perfecto 519 XS to add to your collection. Retail $1070 + tax, yours for 415 or best reasonable offer. Medium weight Cowhide 1.4mm full grain

cbez

One Too Many
Oh hell yeah - $400! Thanks!

I’m still not buying it though. I won’t be home for months yet. Besides, I have no idea which button is even the purchase button.

A $300 markup is an awful lot, it’s true - but all that Japanese is really very daunting.
There are several easy to use proxies - fromjapan, buyee, etc. They charge a small handling fee and you also pay for shipping.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
There are several easy to use proxies - fromjapan, buyee, etc. They charge a small handling fee and you also pay for shipping.

There was an ad for Buyee on top of the link you posted for the Y2. So that is legit, because it looked virusey? Great to know, thank you - that is really very useful.

floater

New in Town
I’m currently planning my first purchases using one of these proxies, do you recommend one over the other?

I’ve heard FJ is cheaper overall and they can negotiate prices on your behalf, albeit only up to 10% off and I’m not sure if it applies to yahoo-jp auctions, but do either of them offer asking sellers for measurements or other details about the item?

And I don’t understand the buying process for items on rakuten rakuma, some of which show up on my searches but when selected I can’t even see them or bid on them

Last edited:

cbez

One Too Many
I’m currently planning my first purchase using one of these proxies, do you recommend one over the other?

I’ve heard FJ is cheaper overall and they can negotiate prices on your behalf, albeit only up to 10% off and I’m not sure if it applies to yahoo-jp auctions, but do either of them offer asking sellers for measurements or other details about the item?

And I don’t understand the buying process for items on rakuten rakuma, some of which show up on my searches but when selected I can’t even see them or bid on them
I use fj, usually better discounts and coupons. buyee occasionally has a better coupon.

They will only negotiate mercari and rakuma.

I believe they will ask item questions, as will buyee. Not always fast though.

Rakuma doesn't have bids, it's a flea market site. Not every item works correctly for whatever reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HvdB