Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

KBlake

One Too Many
Size 50 Al’s for $239
IMG_2634.jpeg

AHP91

One Too Many
BLM14 - it is an awesome collection, and this fellow is a typical collector. Looks like it's all pretty recently added to ebay, so find a few that you know would fit (or at least come close) and watch them. Ask the seller some questions, re-check dimensions, etc, details about the jacket. See if he makes you an offer, then when you think you have found what really would be a great addition to your collection, make him an offer. Least he can do is decline. Many of these folks start high, but at their core, just really want to sell off some items. worth a try, at least.
When I see a group of listings like that, I see this as - "don't bother asking, I want top dollar for this and am prepared to wait years". This is a group of jackets that I wouldn't come back to. My own interpretation

Mysteryo

One Too Many
:-D
interestingly stupid design!
WTf is that useless huge belt loop ending in the middle of the Dpocket?!
Everything is wrong in this approach, haha!
wonder who was the contractor. Buco never worked fo HD (as Joseph Buegeleisen's son declared in Rin Tanaka's book) maybe Brooks or Reed did...
(Sorry for this reactive post, no offense to anybody)

newtojackets

Practically Family
wonder who was the contractor. Buco never worked fo HD (as Joseph Buegeleisen's son declared in Rin Tanaka's book) maybe Brooks or Reed did...
Think brooks did quite a bit of the Amf jackets. Though that one doesn’t look like a brooks

blm14

A-List Customer
White label vanson flight jacket size 40, BIN $140

vanson1.jpg
vanson2.jpg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
There is a lot of information about this out on the Internet - the "bad old days" of AMF (American Machine & Foundry) from 1969 - 1981. They outsourced much of the motorcycle parts & even bike themselves, and for a time produced snowmobiles. So it's not surprising that the jackets they offered as well also suffered in both quality & design control. I owned a couple AMF-Harley jackets a while back and they were decent simple jackets. Not much else.

What is perhaps a lot more interesting is that a group of H-D enthusiasts and investors bought the company out from under AMF in 1981. This does not happen all that often, so it's interesting that they managed to do it in this instance.

Now - back to the finds & deals again! :)

Mysteryo

One Too Many
There is a lot of information about this out on the Internet - the "bad old days" of AMF (American Machine & Foundry) from 1969 - 1981. They outsourced much of the motorcycle parts & even bike themselves, and for a time produced snowmobiles. So it's not surprising that the jackets they offered as well also suffered in both quality & design control. I owned a couple AMF-Harley jackets a while back and they were decent simple jackets. Not much else.

[/URL]

What is perhaps a lot more interesting is that a group of H-D enthusiasts and investors bought the company out from under AMF in 1981. This does not happen all that often, so it's interesting that they managed to do it in this instance.

Now - back to the finds & deals again! :)
Very interesting, thank you!
I have a couple of AMF jackets too, they are decent, but smell like mass produced goods!

KBlake

One Too Many
You’re totally right. Something looked wrong to me when I posted it and that’s it!

newtojackets

Practically Family
Nice burgundy leather jacket from a brand called Howard's (haven't heard of it, but seems to be US made, and looks great)

newtojackets

Practically Family

blm14

A-List Customer
dude honestly I think it was like 6 or 7 years ago, not sure I remember. It's about an hour and a half from where my parents live in VT.

If there are any members in NH/MA, even RI this is not far. I think it is the first or second exit off of 91 over the border from MA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigdog42