Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

KBlake

One Too Many
Small Bates bidding at $1 w/ 3 days left
IMG_1972.jpeg

TartuWolf

One Too Many
Went for the LW, crazy deal at 220eu. Let's see how it goes.
Lightweight horsehide leather, don't event notice it when it's on. Rather spongy with a lot of give. Epic nylon lining. Pristine lining and zippers condition. Leather full of character, grain and some striations. Pigment dyed for sure. Super mobility, rather room in both body and sleeves, but definitely my size overall. Storm cuffs.
Overall a huge contrast vs my Aero or my Vansons, all of them being heavyweight.
Rather conflicted and confused in terms of initial impressions, but I think it might grow on me when I have more chance to wear it.
1722857897478.png

1722857904987.png

TartuWolf

One Too Many
Why conflicted? The jacket looks great on you.
Thank you! I also think it looks pretty good, just feels weird. The combination of thinner, softer and rather stretchy leather and the roomier fit (mostly sleeves and lower torso) is unusual. And the leather color/finish is not something I would go for normally. But like I said, it might all grow on me (and help me grow in terms of taste). OBJETIVELY I think it was a great purchase for the price. Subjectively I'm always my own worst enemy haha.

AHP91

One Too Many
Lightweight horsehide leather, don't event notice it when it's on. Rather spongy with a lot of give. Epic nylon lining. Pristine lining and zippers condition. Leather full of character, grain and some striations. Pigment dyed for sure. Super mobility, rather room in both body and sleeves, but definitely my size overall. Storm cuffs.
Overall a huge contrast vs my Aero or my Vansons, all of them being heavyweight.
Rather conflicted and confused in terms of initial impressions, but I think it might grow on me when I have more chance to wear it.
View attachment 631295
View attachment 631296
It’s a made for Japanese market. Smaller size, lighter leather as they prefer. They’re still nice jackets.

mumpy

A-List Customer
View attachment 631295
View attachment 631296
Great jacket mate!

View attachment 631295
View attachment 631296
This jacket is awesome!

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 631295
View attachment 631296

Hope my fits look this good! I had to wait for multiple items to get to the warehouse before being consolidated into a single package, so it was just dispatched today.

bigmanbigtruck

One of the Regulars
Thank you! I also think it looks pretty good, just feels weird. The combination of thinner, softer and rather stretchy leather and the roomier fit (mostly sleeves and lower torso) is unusual. And the leather color/finish is not something I would go for normally. But like I said, it might all grow on me (and help me grow in terms of taste). OBJETIVELY I think it was a great purchase for the price. Subjectively I'm always my own worst enemy haha.
Interesting you find it stretchy/spongy. I have a 2.5oz Ryder which I figured was about as light as it gets, but does not feel that way at all.

You're probably overthinking all this, it's just meant to be an easy wearing jacket and as an added bonus, it fits well. Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads