Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

KBlake

One Too Many
Blatt 36 or so
IMG_2069.jpeg

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up

justagermanguy

New in Town
It's great that you can meet the seller in person. You can try on the coat, see the construction quality for yourself, and hopefully buy it! Please post pictures.
So, I went to see him last weekend. We had a nice talk and coffee, he also knows about FL and has a great collection of jackets (Aero, SB, Buzz Rickson, Eastman...).

Unfortunately the jacket did not fit right. However, that was what I expected because I tend to be more of a 44 instead of a 46. I thought about buying the jacket anyways because as you suggested, the overall quality of this jacket is unbelievably excellent (but even the seller recommended me not to do it, because he made the same mistake years ago).

Sorry, but forgot to take pictures. But maybe he'll post the jacket here, it's what I suggested to him.

jchance

One of the Regulars

AHP91

One Too Many
Cats eye for a steal! Sorry I missed this one. Not CSC, Los Angeles Sport Togs. Some one got a deal.
what year do you estimate, Terry? It looks like a 40s jacket with the lining and design but wasn’t sure about that main zipper which looked original. Unfortunately I did not buy it.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
what year do you estimate, Terry? It looks like a 40s jacket with the lining and design but wasn’t sure about that main zipper which looked original. Unfortunately I did not buy it.
The zipper pull looks original. The stop box is probably Talon down the middle. This is a transitional combo, which dates it c.1950. I have 2 and both have this transitional zipper. I originally thought these were CSC, until a member here pointed to the same leather tag as LA Sport Togs. These are produced at the end of the Aviator style which began in the late 30s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1