Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

semolina_pilchard

A-List Customer

I've pondered over this a few times. It's been there a while. The lack of measurements and inability to make an offer meant I left it alone. I don't want to risk it not fitting at that price, as reselling it might not be easy. Plus there's the added costs of getting from Japan to Europe :(. Absolutely stunning jacket though, and the collar o_O

jeo

One Too Many
Price is 1k asking. What is it worth? I'd give $200 for just that collar in excellent condition. This one looks to be Horsehide, also sold in Steerhide like below.

View attachment 508557

View attachment 508554 View attachment 508558

I also have this jacket in HH like new. The finest leather I've had in hand.

View attachment 508560

40s Civilian motorcycle jackets-red collar steerhide, the dark collar HH>

View attachment 508561

How many Star Glove, Cal leathers, Trojans, Schotts do you see from the 40s that look this good and what would they sell for?

Tough when a vintage jackets gets in the 1k range, even when they are worth it.

Why don't I buy it you ask? Well, look at the pictures above, I've got a couple.

Wow your like new one is amazing! You’ve never shown that one before, have you?

It looks every bit as nice or nicer than the one I posted from Inspiration that Patty has. Don’t remember the price she was asking but it was no less than $1000.

Yours is worth minimum $1000. It ticks all the boxes.

The one I posted from Japan, not worth the ask price imo. It has the collar going for it though.

Would you mind posting a picture of the cuffs and buttons of your like new one?

jeo

One Too Many
I've pondered over this a few times. It's been there a while. The lack of measurements and inability to make an offer meant I left it alone. I don't want to risk it not fitting at that price, as reselling it might not be easy. Plus there's the added costs of getting from Japan to Europe :(. Absolutely stunning jacket though, and the collar o_O
I’m pretty sure you can contact the seller for measurements and perhaps to make an offer. You may have to go on the original sites in Japanese as I’m not sure you can do it through the proxy sites. Never tried. I know you can also leave comments so that’s another route.

semolina_pilchard

A-List Customer
I’m pretty sure you can contact the seller for measurements and perhaps to make an offer. You may have to go on the original sites in Japanese as I’m not sure you can do it through the proxy sites. Never tried. I know you can also leave comments so that’s another route.

Thanks. I know you can do it via a Proxy too. I just don't know a proxy that will negotiate for you though. The one I have used before says they'll only do it if negotiation is possible is mentioned in the ad.

Reactions: jeo
Fidelity

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1555084538...CJi9omFSVa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

24A73AB8-9FEC-43B3-8B8C-BAB42A6D149A.jpeg

jeo

One Too Many
I have the very same and other jackets with the green California MW labels. They in my view are made by California Sportswear.

I'm not 100% sure that these Ward labeled jackets of this design with the double pointed yokes are made by California Sportswear.

I'm not saying that they're not. Only reason why I question that is because I know for 99.9% certainty that the below Ward labeled jackets of this design are made by CSC.

i-img900x1200-1639625275ixylga118190.jpg
i-img900x1200-1639625285nedb3b107852.jpg

Just like Ralphs Pugh has a signature back design, so does California Sportswear with this back design, especially the yoke.

Also note the slight differences with the side zips, the pocket size and angle and the button tab closure on the cuffs.

Just like Sears, it's safe to assume that Montgomery Ward had different contracts with different makers for these jackets.

This one just came on. Unlike the last few posted here this one is a true 36. I'd be all over it if it wasn't $1500.

Here's the link:

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/b1026298237?conversionType=buyee_top_browsing_history

Jasonissm

Practically Family
I'm not 100% sure that these Ward labeled jackets of this design with the double pointed yokes are made by California Sportswear.

I'm not saying that they're not. Only reason why I question that is because I know for 99.9% certainty that the below Ward labeled jackets of this design are made by CSC.

View attachment 508641 View attachment 508642

Just like Ralphs Pugh has a signature back design, so does California Sportswear with this back design, especially the yoke.

Also note the slight differences with the side zips, the pocket size and angle and the button tab closure on the cuffs.

Just like Sears, it's safe to assume that Montgomery Ward had different contracts with different makers for these jackets.

This one just came on. Unlike the last few posted here this one is a true 36. I'd be all over it if it wasn't $1500.

Here's the link:

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/b1026298237?conversionType=buyee_top_browsing_history
That is such a beautiful jacket, the collar is so awesome, goes all the way to the shoulder! Super clean handwarmer pocket stitching, and also just noticed the tiny pocket near the collar as well.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

It looks every bit as nice or nicer than the one I posted from Inspiration that Patty has. Don’t remember the price she was asking but it was no less than $1000.

The one I posted from Japan, not worth the ask price imo. It has the collar going for it though.

20230417_091028.jpg
20230417_090959.jpg
20230417_091037.jpg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 508641 View attachment 508642

Here's the link:

What are the double pointed yoke jackets?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe